iTouch questions.. being able to have an alarm!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamfarley, May 4, 2008.

1. adamfarley macrumors newbie

Hi,

Introduction

I’ve been reading up about the alarm feature of the iTouch, and it seems that you can only get the iTouch to make a beeping sound through the in-built speaker. If the iTouch was connect up to some speakers this would allow music to be played out loud. And so you could have your alarm to be a music track and not a beep!!

As you’re able to connect to the internet, I assume you can listen to the radio on your iTouch, e.g. go to the BBC Radio 1 website and listen to the radio show. (Not advertising)

Questions

My questions are:
    1. Are you able to change the sound of your alarm! Not a beeping sound?? Maybe a music track instead. (The iTouch will be connected up to some speakers, as I’ve explained above)
    2. Can you have a radio station being played through your iTouch? (is there a piece of software that allows you find and listen to a radio stations?

If you’re able to both of these:
    • Then can I have the radio as my alarm?

If none of these work:

I’ve seen that you can have alarm clocks that your iPod or iTouch can dock onto, which charges them and allows you to listen through the speakers. These devices also have an alarm on that allows you to choose what wakes you up in the morning... either music from your iPod/iTouch, A radio station or a beeping noise.

Summary

All I want to do is cut out the middle man... (The alarm clock) and just have the iTouch to do all of these features!!
    • Alarm clock, which allows you to wake you up with a radio station, music or a beeping sound

• Be able to listen to your music
    • Have a radio station on your iTouch
    • And charge your iTouch

and all I would have to buy is:

• iTouch
    • Docking station (with headphone jack, allows me to link my speakers up to it)

Cheers
    Sorry it’s so long, but I hope I have put what I would like the iTouch to do, and I’ll apologise if this has already been discussed in any other thread.

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Unfortunately, you can't set music as your alarm sound. This is such a needed feature, I can do it on my old iPod 5G but not on my new iPod touch? One of the preset beeping noises labeled "Time Passing" makes an alright alarm sound, and I think you can set it to repeat until you wake up. Still not as cool as setting a song to play, maybe this feature will be added in firmware version 2.0, which is coming out in June.

I'm not sure if you can go on online radio stations, hopefully someone else can answer that.

All the best
    ~Austin~

3. adamfarley thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for answering that! that helps a lot about if u can set music to be the alarm...

just the radio question now...

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

You cannot "stream" radio via FM, or AM, but online players are your best bet there.