iTouch Questions for Gift

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stillagirl27, Nov 11, 2011.

1. stillagirl27 macrumors newbie

I am thinking about using a used iTouch for my 9 year old daughter for Christmas. Don't want to buy a new one since she still loses stuff! She plays with her dad's Android phone all of the time and loves the aps on it. I am assuming that you can put aps on the iTouch? If so, is there a certain generation I should stay away from (I get that newer is better but I don't want to spend a ton of money). Thanks for your input!

2. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

Go to ilounge.com and download the buying guide, that's what I suggest to all the noobs.

3. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

It all depends what you want to spend.

If you want to access the latest apps, you're going to need OS 5. And for that, you'll need a 4th gen, or a 32gb or 64 gb 3rd gen.

You should be able to get a good used 8gb 4th gen for less than $125.

4. stillagirl27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your replies. That helps alot. Also, I guess I committed a sin in calling it an iTouch. Sorry about that and I won't do that again!:p

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I think it's a great idea! Im getting a used 3rd gen with an otterbox defender for my son and only let him use it under my supervision he's 2 so I can get him away from my iPad

6. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I realize this is completely your business, but I think it's absolutely nuts.

A 2 yr old, with an ipod touch?

At that rate, by the time he/she is 4, they'll have an iphone, right?

Just nuts . . .

----------

Sorry, you stated 'son' . . .

7. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Um where are u from ? a 4th get for 125? really they sell (Well up until last month) of 2 times that. I would look for a 3 gen. I doubt a 9 year old or a 2 year old would care about a few more mill seconds of load time.

8. Mark K macrumors newbie

Key word is "used".

Cowboom will offer used ipod touches for their daily special every now and then. They would sell 4th Gen 8GB ones for $110. 4th Gen 32 GB ones would sell between $130 and $160.

However, these are all used devices most with scratches on the back and a battery in unknown condition. They are Best Buy returns that are being resold. 1/2 of them are still under warranty or Applecare.

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I'm in central Ohio; and yes, a 4th gen, 8gb ipod touch, sells for LESS than $125. I could probably buy one right now for significantly less than that -- think $100, if not even less. They're a dime a dozen.

If YOU'RE paying $250 for an 8gb 4th gen touch, I'll roll out the red carpet for you, and be right over. Brand new, they sell for less than that.

10. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

up until october 4 2011 they sold for 250$ new

11. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Actually I think they were $225. But it doesn't really matter -- why on earth would anyone pay FULL price for a USED item?

You make absolutely no sense.