itouch quits playing in car when hooked up to stereo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Italstln13, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Italstln13 macrumors member

I have a Neo car audio unit in my car that plugs into the back of the factory unit into the CD disc changer port. A cable comes out from the unit and I'm able to plug up my ipod and itouch to the unit and play/charge my ipod and itouch. The itouch will play for a few minutes and then stop playing. When I hook up my old ipod it works fine. any ideas? thanks!

2. YodaEXE macrumors member

Yeah, the problem is obvious. You're trying to plug a keyboard/mouse into a stereo o_O

3. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

How is it obvious?? i'm not sure what you mean??? It plugs in via a ipod connector, not usb. Does that help any? It works fine with my old ipod and always has, just not my new itouch.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

5. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I have real Ipod touch. Thanks for the humor, even though I'm sure you know what I meant. I am not able to test wether it works with a external source via they Ipod dock connection. Any thoughts? Thanks

6. blueberryfizz macrumors newbie

Good job! Better to have an iPod touch than one of those dodgy looking rip offs (itouch)

:D

7. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

So I did just plug my Ipod touch up to my xbox360 via the usb ipod connector cable. The xbox360 did not recognize the Ipod touch, its like it wasn't even connected. So grabbed my old Ipod photo and plugged it up to the xbox360, it immediately recognized the Ipod Photo and I can play music from it without a problem. There is definitely something up with my Ipod touch. Any thoughts??

8. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

So everything I've read about the Ipod touch connecting to the xbox360 doesn't help. Apparently there is some issue and the Ipod Touch does not connect to the xbox360 in any fashion. So that was a bad test on my part.

9. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Maybe your dock connector is messed up.
    Or since you're other iPod can connect through your 360 and car stereo, maybe you're iPod touch isn't compatible with either.

10. Traz macrumors newbie

There are some other threads about charging issues & compatability with the new ipod touch. As I understand it, a little while back Apple changed the way the ipod charged. They told 3rd party manufactures they needed to change their devices.
    The previous ipods continued to work with either method. This time, with the new releases, Apple has inforced the change they asked for a while ago & not all devices work. Some of the sound docks don't even work. I tried a Bose dock & it in the store and it worked but others have a different Bose dock that doesn't work.
    I have a newer iHome that works fine, but the cable from the back of my incar stereo does not work. (Sounds like what you have) The ipod actually got very warm when I tried. I have a newer DLO car dock I still have to try. I am hoping it works.
    Hope this helps.

11. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Actually, for rip-offs, the Widescreen one didn't look that bad.