iTouch scrolls through apps on its own!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BucCard, Apr 21, 2009.

1. BucCard macrumors newbie

My iTouch started going nuts on me tonight. It keeps scrolling left and right without me touching it. On top of that nothing happens now when I touch the Music, Video, Photos, and iTunes buttons along the bottom. I cleaned the screen with a soft cloth and tried to restore it through iTunes. Neither worked.

Any idea what the issue may be?

Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Restoring is generally the last step before bringing the unit to an Apple Store, because it means its a hardware fault, not an issue caused by the iPod software. Take a look at the water exposure indicator inside the headphone jack well to make sure its still white so you don't waste a trip and get denied replacement/repair.

3. Dreamswept macrumors newbie

Is it possible that it's a hardware issue?

I got my first iPod Touch last week, pulled it out of the box, plugged it in, and did the whole kit and kaboodle. But then it was immediately giving me problems right out of the box. It would jump around through the apps, and randomly open them (during my call to Apple Support, it opened 'Contacts' and then 'New contract' and started typing gibberish without me even touching the screen.)

Apple Support walked me through a restore, but that didn't help at all. Thankfully, I took it back and got a replacement that works well.

4. BucCard thread starter macrumors newbie