"itouch survival odds"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cake57, May 17, 2008.

1. cake57 macrumors newbie

Anyone have an itouch still work after being submerged in water while powered on?

2. cwheatley macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

What's an itouch?

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea like you dont know what he means:rolleyes:

5. cake57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe a couple of minutes

6. cake57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually I was listening while in a pool (pod was in a container), and immediately removed it when it stopped playing.

7. efedor macrumors regular

8. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Thanks for your constructive and informative advice!

To the OP:

Let it dry for a couple of days, preferably with the bottom port pointing up as to allow the vapour to move out of the iPod. Or you could put it in a bowl of rice, which will draw the water out.

Don't rush to conclusions, and definitely don't listen to efedor yet.

9. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Have hope! My dad's iphone survived being submerged in under a meter of water for 1+ min. The thing I suggest is to get a de-humidifier and run it at full blast in a small room with the ipod in it. Worked for me.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

Let it dry out for a few days, don't touch it or try to turn it on for at least 3 days, probably 5. The dehumidifier idea is a good one, too. There will probably be some parts that don't work (possibly wifi or accelerometer), but the device may recover to a partially working condition.

11. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I've had success reviving a dead cell phone that was soaked by putting it in an oven with only the pilot light heating it for 1 hour, then using a hair drier on low temp about a foot away for about another hour. After that, letting it sit for a day in the sun (it was last summer) and it started working again like normal.

12. Acronym macrumors 68000

even hough his idea seemed to work apple specificaly say "do not try to blow dry you ipod if submerged in water" personaly i would try the dehumidifier(sp?) or simply letting it dry out

13. David G. macrumors 65816

I may be a little late in replying to this thread but if anyone pulls it up again put it in a Tupperware like container with dry white rice. I have once fixed my cell phone with this method.

14. kleo macrumors regular

i have a fat nano that fell into a drinking glass full of water that still works. I turned it right off and let it dry out for a few days and it works as good as new. Maybe i got lucky but i dont see why a Touch wouldnt perform as well under a similar situation.

15. dagored macrumors 65816

After it dries out for a few days it could possibly work, but in a few months, I think the pool water and chemicals will start corroding the parts inside. However, you have nothing to lose at this point.