itouch thinks is a iphone in DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jtotheb123, Aug 30, 2008.

1. jtotheb123 macrumors newbie

jtotheb123

i was restoring my ipod touch and it came up a error and went into DFU mode i connected it up to itunes and it thinks its a iphone i try to restore with ipod touch firmware and it cant restore and i try restoring iphone firmware and it cant restore with that firmware please help!!!!!!!:apple::apple::apple:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm confused… are you trying to restore the touch with the iPhone firmware or is iTunes trying to restore the touch with the iPhone firmware?

If it's the former, you can't.

If it's the latter, time to take it to a Genius.

3. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

@BlackJackSqueez and Lesser Evets

I logged in just to tell you guys that I'm tired of people making sarcastic remarks and not giving any feedback to the subject at all. I, personally don't like it being called the iTouch either, but when people like you come around thinking you are so smart and only make a remark of how the person phrases it, it pisses me off. Thanks for making my day.

And sorry I can't give feedback myself, as I don't own an iPod Touch yet.

4. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Sorry, Master. We will try harder to read your mind next time.
    BTW, the iTouch is a different electronic device all together. Though it is obvious that device isn't being discussed, it would still be beneficial to be accurate. iPT is NOT hard to type.

Kettle, I believe you are smoking pot.

5. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

Never tried it, never will.

EDIT: We're in the iPod Touch forum anyway. You don't need to be accurate in the way you say iPod Touch. iPT, iTouch, doesn't matter. Now if you say something random like W753iPT, then you would probably need to clarify. I don't like the word iPod Touch, either, but people don't need to give crap about it. Go ahead and make your occasional jokes, but don't reply to thread if that's all you're going to contribute.

6. jtotheb123 thread starter macrumors newbie

jtotheb123

details

my ipod touch had 1.1.4 so i plugged it into my mac and pressed update it downloaded 1.1.5 and it was restoring the firmware but than a error came up and the ipod touch went in to DFU mode now itunes thinks its a iphone

P.S. every computer i plug it in to thinks its a iphone:apple:

7. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

At this point, I think you have two choices:
    1. Find a 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 IPOD TOUCH ipsw download file (download it in Firefox because Safari will mess it up), and plug in your iPod. Then, click restore while holding shift (Windows) or option (Mac) and point iTunes to the correct ipsw. If this fails, go to option 2.
    2. Take it to a Genius.

And to the rest of you, who cares what you call it, we all know what it is. So quit your bickering and help the poor guy.