iTouch WiFi Broken and Not Finding Anything?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mfirst, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mfirst macrumors newbie

I have a brand new itouch (1-2 weeks old trying to get it to work). Initially everything appeared to be working well, but recently I can not find any WiFi networks. It appears to be searching and even when I try typing in the network name directly it can not find anything. Recently, it was finding the networks, but even ones that were close I had a hard time connecting. I have tried all of the obviously stuff like resetting my network connections, resetting the itouch (and even deleted everything).

My Macbook has no problems finding and connecting.

Thoughts?

Or do I just need to bring it back to the store????

-michael

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

So your Touch was working at one point with your wifi connection then?

Do you have your OWN wifi connection in your house?

3. mfirst thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it was working.
    For example, I am currently at work - and we have a wireless connection that my MB can see and attach to without any problem (and it is a strong signal). But when I turn my WiFi on my iTouch it looks but does not find anything.

-michael

4. mfirst thread starter macrumors newbie

.... and at home last night. The iTouch can see my own WiFi (but it finds it very slowly) but I can not log in. Some of my neighbors have unprotectect WiFi which I can connect to from the MacBook (for testing only) - but my Touch slowly (after searching a couple of time) will find them (sometimes does not) but I can not connect

... and yes, it is fully charged, and I have reset it, etc etc...

-michael

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

first off, the italian iPod touch has no wifi, so this is irrelevant, and pointless
    now, if you are talking about Apple's iPod touch, then i would tell you it is a hardware issue, and to take it into a store.

6. samintx macrumors newbie

No wifi for me either

I just got a new iTouch today. The wifi doesn't work. I have heard this is not a problem with the WIN version of the iTouch. If you don't have wifi you just have an very expensive iPod because 99% of the buttons will not work without the internet. What a disappointment. I may sell mine and get at WIN version.:(

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

The Italian iPod touch has no WiFi? Cool. (not cool for italians)
    He already said WiFi used to work, so I think it would be an Apple iPod touch.