Itouch wifi signal...?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LiThiuM511, Oct 15, 2008.

1. LiThiuM511 macrumors newbie

Oh hai! first post on this forum I browsed around seems like peoples know quite a lot about Mac thing so... I decided to put my english into work and try to have a question answered.

I bought an Itouch from ebay like two weeks ago Used fairly in good condition no scratch but on the screen but a little dent on the side and on the back...

I don't have a wifi Router at home so I didn't take particular attention at the WIFI settings. But i decided to try it out... it seems like im have problem to find access point but by PROBLEM I mean... im standing next to the god damn router and i get 1 or 2 bars... sometimes it dosnt detect it.

SOOOO i was wondering is there a special patch... Settings or something like that that i should be aware of... Or type of Wifi signal...??

My Itouch is not Jailbroken I tried with jailbroke (2.0.2) and without on 2.0 (5A347). And i dont know how to find out if it's 2g or 1g :S

thank a lot. sry for the english :S

Edit: Oh and when im getting My signal for the router I am trying on it's on WEP 64 bits 10 Ex digits. When I enter the WEP key it say "Unable to join ....." Dismiss

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Sounds like those dents might be more than cosmetic... Assuming it isn't them, I'd say you either should change your router settings (temporarily) to open (no password). If you have a wireless 'n' router, it would account for all of your issues (the Touch can only use a B or G network).

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

What location is the dent (upper or lower? ) . The wireless chips are not exactly in the same location as the antenna (the black portion on top of the back). I doubt that you have internal damage to the iPod (they are quite robust), if the dents are small.

[​IMG]