Itouch won't show up on my Itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Importroller, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Importroller macrumors newbie

I did a search, and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Seems everyone is getting an error message, But I'm not even getting that.

I'm trying to install one of the 3.? software (i downloaded two different ones to see which I will like better) But when i go into Itunes and plug the Ipod in, the Ipod starts charging, but Itunes doesnt show it on the screen so I can't restore it with the new software. I'm currently running a 2.1 Jailbroken OS. My Itunes is a 9.0.? version (i'm not home right now, so I'm running off my memory, its whatever the latest version of Itunes is.)

Any ideas of what the problem may be?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

My iPod isn't jailbroken, but IIRC, don't you have to restore the device from jailbreak before you can upgrade the OS? Could you use an older version of iTunes for that?

3. prestonkd macrumors member

prestonkd

I had a similar problem last night with my wife's new ipod touch syncing with her pc. After a lot of searching, the problem turned out to be updating the drivers on the ipod itself. It seems there is a problem with some, though not all, ipod touch units being initally seen as a camera and not an ipod. Once the drivers were updated it works perfectly. Hope that helps.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Actually, if you have transferred/saved pix installed, Windows will ID the iPod as a camera when USB is connected. Mac probably doesn't make that mistake. ;)

That's one that I ignore.

5. prestonkd macrumors member

prestonkd

I read about that problem too in my searches. In my case though it was a brand spanking new ipod touch that had no pics on it unless it comes with some. I went through a bunch of stuff like ejecting usb devices, renaming, etc. In the end, it was just the driver. It was fixed in less than ten seconds. I can't say what the experience would have been like on a Mac though I suspect it would have been better. Next thing for the wife is a Mac.

6. Importroller thread starter macrumors newbie

Im tired right now, and work is hectic, so I don't have much time to search. How do I update the drivers? If someone could post the link to the answer, I would appreciate it