Its 22Apr: No try on appointments for 24Apr or after

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macguy360, Apr 22, 2015.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I have been keeping up with the "schedule a try on appointment" utility on the Apple store since the preorders began for the watch.

From what I have seen, Apple has consistently allowed people to schedule a try on in 3 day increments including the current day. Then the next day it would update with more chances to try on more watches.

It is now Wednesday 22Apr and there are no available appointments for the 24th of April!

My guess is there is still significance with the 24th of April. We will either see try on appointments open up tomorrow for the 24th or there may even be an option to purchase with in store pickup. If neither of those end up happening, there may just be models that have been set aside for in store sales and Apple is still expecting lines to form.

2. rolexwatch macrumors regular

It's really simple, they will be too busy setting up the watches for the lucky ones.

3. simsdaniel macrumors regular

OR just people thinking they will be able to buy one on the 24th so they booked Friday's appointments. A lot of day to day people who aren't hardcore Apple fans like us actually think they can go to a store and buy the  Watch on Friday.

4. whatos macrumors 6502a

Part of the genius that is Apple, lies with their ability to keep us guessing.

It assures the rumor mill remains hungry, the customers wanting more, the writers and reviewers constantly have a need for click bait, and Apple thrives.

It's the culmination of many years of clever planning and execution. :)

5. co.ag.2005, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

this. I'm really curious how many people will be going to their closest Apple Store on Friday to buy the watch. Has the word about online pre-orders and no store stock been seen by the masses? Or only these tech websites most of us in here read daily?

6. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I was able to walk into the local Apple store in the mall and asked to try some on. They were able to accommodate, nobody had booked that time slot.

That being said, the SS did feel more "classy" but certainly felt heavier on the wrist. As I intend to use my device during workouts that was a dealbreaker for me, so I chose the Sport which felt considerably lighter.

Now I just have to remember not to keep sandpaper in my pocket.

7. simsdaniel macrumors regular

On your wrist. :)

8. tsrail macrumors newbie

??? I made a try-on appointment earlier today for Friday April 24th at 1:30pm. Just checked again, and they are available at the first two US locations I checked (Ohio and Louisiana).