Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
SO it is now 3 am in my time zone, I am awake and I am post migraine

so I am hyper and feel like crap.

so what do I do, surf macrumors.

Any one else in similar situation ?

Yes I know this thread is pointless, but venting frustration helps me feel a little better. Virtual hugs would help too :eek:

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I did specify in my timezone...:)

and now it is 3:30 am

oh sleep would be so nice right about now

but on the up side is that I am finishing sudoku puzzles in under 3 min on hard setting right now

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
A rare BV [hug] from me because I likes me some Leareth and I'm also suffering from disturbed sleeping patterns at the mo, so I understand wholeheartedly what it's like.

Being on MacRumors is good in one way in the dark hours of the night, because you tend to not feel so alone... but it also can keep you awake too.

When the need to sleep outweighs everything else, I tend to have a hot bath, eat something stodgy, take an aspirin and go back to bed listening to BBC Radio 4 which tends to help me drift off, no shouting, no ads... just quiet and measured talk.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Wow, I've already had my 8 hours (a rarity, I usually only get about 6) and you're still awake. I hate when I can't fall asleep but have to get up early the next morning, drives me nuts.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I am still awake
tried hot bath idea
trying soothing music now.
took more painkillers so I should be able to fall asleep once they kick in

and thank you for the virtual hug BV, I know how rare they are from you :)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I got to bed early enough last night, but it took bloomin' ages to get to sleep..

Hot tea never works. A shot of whiskey or bourbon has been known to help tho

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I hate it when my sleep schedule gets messed up and I can't get any sleep. The only cure for this is if you know something is coming up where you need to wake up early for, work out the day before and get less sleep than you usually do the night before.

If your body is inactive and has calories and carbs built up, your body will not shut down as easy. I never take Tylenol PM or any of that stuff just to get sleep, depending on material goods, especially drugs, for your every day lifestyle is not something I want to depend on.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I was there last night...I've had a lingering stomach flu since wednesday and found myself jumping out of bed a few times to put the contents of my digestive system in the toilet in new and different ways. :p

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Im going through this now and its highly annoying. I'm constipated and have been emptying my stomach contents one way or another for the past 2 hrs...its currently 6am

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Ive had bad insomnia as a side affect of depression for a good 2 months now. Theres nothing that really makes it better, i kinda just lay there till i pass out.:(

side note: 2000th post

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
It's 1:38 am and I am just now getting off of work.

I could stay up since my sleep schedule is jacked working two jobs and freelancing for cheap clients, but that pillow is calling my name.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
She said its cold outside and she hands me my raincoat, she always worried about things like that.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Ive had bad insomnia as a side affect of depression for a good 2 months now. Theres nothing that really makes it better, i kinda just lay there till i pass out.:(

side note: 2000th post

posts don't count in community discussions.

I had a touch of a bad night earlier this week. My body doesn't work with sugar well, but I love the stuff. So around 7:30 I ate a brownie (knowing full well I shouldn't) and I PTFO. Of course three hours later I woke up, groggy, but unable to sleep more. I normally go to bed around 11, but not this night. I stayed up until five am lying in bed mostly, then reading a little, then watching a bit of Alien Resurrection, then walking around the house, then organizing my book shelf. It was horrible. Anyway I got to sleep at about 5, just a little after, and I had to get up for school at 6:10.

ugh.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
well looks like no sleep round 2. :(

at least I can stare outside at the pristine whiteness of the new snow
before everyone marks it with tire tracks and foot prints.

It is extremely bright out. strong enough to read by

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
2 months of less than 7 hours sleep a night finally hit me when i came home last night, slept for 14 1/2 hours, felt like i'd hibernated when i woke up...

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
3:09 here. I think I need to see a Dr. I can go days without sleep and most nights I only get 3 or 4 hours. The only time I sleep more than 4 hours is weekends, when I get to sleep until I want to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.