its 6 months today UK!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redgaz26, May 9, 2008.

?

after 6 months in the uk do you still love your iphone????

1. yes still love it

35 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. yes but wish I had a shorter contract

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. its ok not as good as i thought it would be

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. no it's crap can't wait to get rid

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

so its exactly 6 months ago today I queued for my shiny new iphone. I'm a third of the way through my contract with 02 and its time for a sort of half term(a third of a term) report!:D:D

there's only a couple of things that still annoy me about the whole iphone experience -
    when o2 changed the tariffs they should have kept the 200 mins and 200 texts and lowered the price to £25!
    safari still crashing when loading some sites.
    02 signal still not good enough in certain areas even when other 02 phones have perfect signals.

apart from those I still love it as much as when I bought it, I use the internet constantly, email all the time and use the ipod every day!!!

2. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Well spotted :D Those six months have flown by, far quicker than the six months leading up to its UK release.

Six months, and somehow the iPhone still feels and seems new everytime I use it, any other phones have become boring after a couple of months. One of the things I love most about this phone!

With tons of new apps around the corner, bring on the next six months :D:D:D

3. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

That's cool. I'm in the boat that you were a little over 6 months ago: waiting patiently and patiently for the 3G release. Time certainly is going slowly with me.... :D

It certainly was a nice bonus for them to up the minutes to everyone, including existing customers, although I do agree that £35 is quite steep for the minimum contract available, particularly when the phone is not subsidised.

Here's hoping to you having another great 6 months with your iPhone and hopefully soon I'll be joining the exclusive club. :)

Unfortunately I can't vote because "don't own an iphone" isn't on the list...

4. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

has it really been 6 months already? Wow time certainly flies!

Got my little cellular piece of joy the day after launch, and its still not got boring, like was mentioned before, after a few months most phones become a bit tedious and not fun to use, but the iPhone is always fun and ive never gotten bored of it, and can't see myself getting bored anytime soon, especially with 3G and apps on the horizon!

5. Prometheus2000 macrumors member

Love on first sight...

These were some great six month! For me its still a device which looks like from outer space. I thankfully left behind a Nokia E61 and two WinMob PDAs I owned before. They will never hear from me again...also I think the iPhone is the first device which truely deserves the name "PDA", "Privat Digital Assistant",

I haven't listen to so much music on the go till the this phone (ok I never owned a mp3 player, always wanted it in my phone/pda), never used a mobile device for so much webbrowsing, note taking, calendar planing. Switching between tasks like mail, ipod and surfing is so amazingly fast, the user interface is just amazing and at the end of the day its that whats counts, not whether it is packed with all technology available but hardly useable...

Services like the BBC iPlayer forshadows things to come when the SDK is out.

The only thing always holding this device back was the slow connection speed on the go. If that limitation falls...oh dear, iChat, video streaming, web radio, everywhere! (if O2 not screams bloody murder and limits the data volume...)

It was my first Apple product and I still find it is the best device I have ever bought so far (and I have seen my share of technology :)), well, on bar with my Macbook Pro...

6. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Got to say I'm very thankful for mr mobile. I spend alot of time on the forums when travelling to work and back and the main site loads pretty slow on edge and very slow on GPRS which I get on some of my journey.
    Being able to quickly look at all the threads and join in like I'm doing now is super cool!!!!!!!!!

7. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Its great!

Was holding out for the new model but couldn't resist O2's £169 offer, bought a few and made enough profit to get mine for free :D

Once Liberty had been used to unlock it I have been really impressed with it, even the 2mp camera gives good photos. I like the logical way it works and now I am familiar with it and have it synched to some of my music and movies in iTunes I feel I will be more ready for the new model when it comes out.

Possibly the best gadget I have ever owned.

8. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I can't imagine using any other phone except perhaps a 3G iPhone.

Anyone reckon if we upgrade that O2 will let us keep the old contract and just move the sim to the 3G phone?

9. Project macrumors 68020

10. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I read on the apple.com forums that in the US you sell the phone and keep the sim card for your new phone. The person who buys the phone can then buy an sim card from at&t and reactivate the phone!!
    can anyone confirm this as I may well sell this baby when the new one arrives(so to speak)
    and can the person who voted that they hate their iPhone please step forward and give his/her reasons??
    Would be good to hear why they voted that way???

11. BANNERWORX macrumors newbie

BANNERWORX

I'm a fresh iPhone user, wanted to wait for the hype to die down in the UK, but once they lowered the price, I had to purchase it. I abso love my iPhone, it's the best, and def will upgrade to the 3G version once I am 9 months into my contract. :cool: It should be available by then I hope. :apple: