Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
So I'm not really one to post all the intimate details of my life online, but you guys are kind of like a crazy giant family in many ways so I wanted to share this with everyone:

My wife and I are having our first kid, due Nov. 1st, and we just found out today that it's gonna be a boy! Unbelievably exciting. I can't even begin to describe how I feel and how nervous and happy I am about the whole thing.

I still can't fathom being looked at as a responsible grown-up by someone...

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Congratulations, Mac! Here's to a healthy boy and a proud mom and dad. No feeling like it on earth.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Great news! I know how exciting - and nerve-wracking - it can be. Have a blast, and do all the pre-parent stuff (sleep, lounge around, see movies, spend your days not looking at poop, etc.) while you can!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
And of course, when your son is born, you're gonna name him Abstract. :)

Hey, it's not such a bad name. Just be thankful my screenname isn't something worse, like Captain Underpants or Mad Jew or something. "When your son is born, you're more than free to name him after me.....Captain Underpants." :p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
congrats!!!

kids are the best

mactastic said:
I still can't fathom being looked at as a responsible grown-up by someone...

it will be a while before he realizes that you are a grown-up :p Just enjoy it as much as you can and see every movie possible and get lots of sleep until November, you won't have many opportunities after.

And take lots of pics and make movies so you can save them for his graduation/wedding :D

shameless promo, sorry ;)

http://www.dukestreet.com/jwza/filmography

D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
That's mactastic news, mactastic! How nice for you and mrstastic!

Since he's a boy (which is true by definition, since he couldn't be a girl), you can name him mactastic mini.

Before you know it, you'll have one of those #1 Dad mugs that only #1 dads get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.