Its a sad shame I'd rather use my ip5 than 6S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Nov 14, 2015.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

After having the 6s since launch day, I'd rather use my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. It's just so better and more fluid. It also looks better too. I'm sick to death of iOS 9 crashing and lagging, and especially the stutters in the animations. Seriously? My iPhone 5 a 2012 device feels so much more responsive running iOS 6.1.4, I don't know why that is, but its very noticeable. Even a coworker saw the difference.

And for the record, I was running iOS 9.2, beta 3 on the 6s, and before that, 9.1, with very minimal changes in the performance.

2. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

My 6s on 9.1 is flawless. Sorry it's not working out for you.

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Cool story. But I don't think your experience is the same as most other iPhone users. I haven't had an OS crash yet on my 6s, and I can't say I've experienced any lagging.

And for the record, I don't run beta software on my daily phone. I might try the beta's if I had a secondary phone to play with. So I'm running iOS 9.1.

Have you considered taking your phone back? Wiping it out, and trying it as a fresh install? Done anything else to try to diagnose your issues?

C

4. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

I've done that 3 times now. Set up as new, and this was with 9.1. The performance is not terrible, its just night and day in performance from iOS 6. I see slight performance hiccups, stutters, and lags daily. They're all unpredictable. I notice them more if I don't use something in a while. What I don't understand is why 3 year old software runs better?

5. tranceking26 macrumors 6502

tranceking26

Sorry to hear it's been poor for you OP. For me it's been great ever since I got my 6S, it's weird how things are different.

6. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that. I went from a Samsung S5 (which was HORRIBLE for lags and pauses, and apps crashed regularly) to an iPhone 4 (running whatever was the latest iOS that was supported, so it was awful too, as well as having a very tired battery) to my 6s. So it's much improved over my experiences of the last year. Maybe you're more sensitive to it than I am because you're coming from a smoothly running phone. :) Go use an iPhone 4 for a few months, then come back to your 6s!

C

7. techspin macrumors 6502a

Yeah iOS 9 needs work. Those that don't notice any issues are the lucky ones! Load 9.1 onto your 5 and compare again. :)

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Still have my iPhone 5 and I use it as a media device. Unfortunately, because of issues over time it's long ago lost iOS 6 and is now on 9.0.2.

iOS 6 is the best version of iOS so far (I hate 7, 8 and 9).

-->Begin flaming me here<--

9. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

There has to be more to your story. I have a 6s Plus on 9.1 and its by far the fastest and smoothest iPhone I've ever owned. My prior favorite was the 5s. My wife has it now, and its running the latest OS and also runs great. So you there has to be more to this or you have a badly flawed device. My guess is that you must have loaded it up with crap or something. I have a lot of stuff running on mine, including it being paired to an Apple Watch and it hasn't hiccuped once.

10. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

Been in the tech industry for many years and I doubt that those of us without problems are just lucky. Technology doesn't work on luck.

11. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I am running 9.1 on my iPad Air (first gen), and it runs fine. No noticeable degradation compared to iOS 8. Not sure how the Air compares to the 5, though.

C

12. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

There has to be somebody out there who noticed how much better iOS 6 performed compared to 9.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

There is something wrong either with your device or software as my S and S+ are both smooth and buttery. Instead of complaining, go to Apple and get it resolved, if not go back to a 5.

14. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

This has been noticed and discussed ad nauseam since iOS 7 came out a few years ago. Nothing new or surprising there at this point.

15. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

This is one of those difficult threads because for me, I cannot possibly fathom how you feel iOS 6 is more fluid than iOS 9 running on a 6S and yet, I have no reason to doubt your experience. I can only tell you that iOS 9.1 on my 6S has been swift, fluid, and stable. I do not have apps force close, I don't have stutter or lag, hiccups, etc. Is it perfect? No, no operating system is. Yet having said that, I cannot tell you the last time I experienced something negative in the experience. Hope you are able to figure out what is wrong, but please try to refrain from labeling iOS 9, as a whole, as worse than iOS 6 because clearly that is not the case for all.

16. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi, totally agree with you, I fell your pain, I own a normal 6 Plus, it lags so much, and the home button is extremely loud, and major lag, and crashing, the 5S running iOS 7 is really smooth

17. the caveman macrumors 6502

While your smooth running iphone 5 is a testament to Apple engineering however, i have no idea what youre talking about when it comes to 6s, it runs 9.1 like an absolute champ.

18. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Hieveryone

Is the iPhone 6 Plus still lagging on iOS 9.1???

I thought it would have been fixed by now.

19. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

You should give the phone overnight to complete its Spotlight indexing (and whatever other optimizations it might be performing after an install) before drawing any conclusions.

20. cynics macrumors G4

My 6S is good but not great, there is definitely room for improvement. Many of us know that and so does Apple, hence the up coming iOS updates.

21. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

It was lagging in iOS 8 wasn't to bad. Now, Terrible sadly.

22. Conan86 macrumors 6502

I miss how the old interface look and flowed before Jony Ive ruined it.. It was really fast without useless animation that does nothing but to make us wait, all this animation actually adds to a ton of time that we could use the phone proper.

TS maybe you would like to turn on reduce motion for increased fluidity etc..

23. stevemiller macrumors 68000

@op i agree with you for what its worth, but the debate will never be settled on here since there are strongly held opinions on both sides.

24. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Most 6s users seem to indicate that the 6s/9.1 combo is really good. Sure some may indicate otherwise and there are those whose bar of perfection is set so high it cannot possibly be met.

25. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Can't agree more with you, tim cooks and Jong Ive took it too far with useless animations they try to make it feel android like