It's after 8am in the UK. What's happing at the Apple stoes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phpmaven, Sep 19, 2014.

1. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Aren't the Apple stores open in the UK now? What the situation on stock of the Plus?

2. westcoastcyc, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

westcoastcyc macrumors regular

Reading the different stories in the "iPhone Launch Meetup" section, it appears the 6 Plus ran out by the 30th-40th persons in line.

3. yegon macrumors 68020

Ouch! My days of queuing are long behind me.

I'm sat in the lounge, rMBP on my lap, coffee in hand, listening out for my 128gb 6+ to arrive. Much preferable to the mad clamour and uncertainty of queuing!

My local Apple Store is Arndale, Manchester. I've always wondered where you queue for that. In the distant past I queued for the 3g & 4 at my local o2 store when I was on contract.

4. skiwil macrumors member

ive just got back from the Bristol Cribs Causeway branch, I was 20th in line. They had sold out of gold 16gb iPhone Plus before they got to me.

I managed to order a 128Gb silver 6 plus. By the time they go to number 35 in the queue they had totally sold out of all 6 plus phones, same thing happened at the Bristol Cabot Circus store as my friend was at the store.

I must give plaudits to apple though as this was the best controlled launch ive been to. The Apple store staff came out every 30 mins and counted and recounted the line to make sure no scalpers jumped the line.

5. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Who cares about an iPhone. At least you are still a United Kingdom this morning! No King Sean Connery this year,