It's Alive: 3G comes to life after 3 dead months

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by neisner12, May 25, 2009.

1. neisner12 macrumors newbie

In February, I dropped my 3G iPhone out of my pocket. It sat on the driveway during a 20 minute rain storm (not in a puddle). When I retrieved it, I dried it off and let it sit for awhile. But when I tried to plug it in, it said that I needed to do a restore. The restore failed again and again...and the screen was pretty much dark all over. Brought it to the Apple Store and they said water damage had caused it.

Rather than shell out $400 for a new one, I borrowed a buddy's 2G. I've had the dead 3G sitting in my car's glove compartment ever since. Decided to plug it in this morning and voila...the screen wasn't dark. Did a restore from backup and it was alive. Went to AT&T store to turn back on my 3G plan. Not sure there's a moral to this story...but a customer is happy :)

2. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Good for you :), I had a ipod that died and come back to life I was very happy :D

3. Matrix86 macrumors member

I just spilled water on my mac book so I hope I have the same luck as you had. :)