It's all about the design?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Marco123, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone else love their Apple Watch just because of its design?
    I own a SS space black 38mm with a black and now midnight blue SB and I just love my watch because of its design.
    I use none of its features apart from filling up the activity circles but I just love its aesthetics from the way it looks and feels on my wrist.
    For me apple just couldn't have gotten it any more right as far its looks.

2. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Me too. I know it isn't going to revolutionise my life but I do use it for hands free calls, messages and workouts.
    But mostly I just like the way it looks and the quality of the build and materials.

3. davygee macrumors member

I have to agree. Apple generally gets it spot on with the aesthetics of their devices. The Apple Watch isn't any different. I certainly don't use mine for all the functionality that it can provide, although I enjoy the notifications and control of audio. In short though, I love the way it looks. It has a very premium feel about it. To me it just feels and looks like a good quality watch.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sounds like you are truly in love with your AW.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I love the design, but I love how it works. Not just wearing it, but rather using it, whether I'm tracking a hike, or running. Getting texts, and responding without needing to go and get my phone or getting directions. Overall its a great device.

6. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

No one's more surprised than I that it's my favorite Apple device.
    Something about the intimacy, utility, and tactility.

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Wrote it off when it was originally introduced but I really do like it after I saw it in person.

My favorite part is the crown because it offsets the device in a warm way. Plus I love using it - so buttery smooth.

8. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I'd wanted a really nice watch for some time, but I couldn't really afford that kind of watch I'd been looking at.

The Apple Watch is very different from the traditional clockwork watches I'd dreamed of owning, yet I'm very happy with it. I think it looks great. I have the SS with Link but I also have the black Sports strap – and I'm really impressed by how great that looks, too.

I mostly use the time; weather, rings and timer as complications; and Pedometer+ as a glance. Obviously I get notifications, too, which is kinda useful. I tend to swap watch faces too often: it's difficult to choose the perfect one.

9. rowdt1 macrumors regular

I love what it looks like and that's why I'm still wearing it. The functionalities don't really bring me all that much, except for quickly glancing at notifications and filling up the activity rings.