its all over for the white macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pieseller, Sep 7, 2007.

1. pieseller macrumors member

the ipod no longer comes in white. the iMac no longer comes in white. the new macbooks (when they eventually come out!?!) are surely going to have alunimuim cases, as is the current trend for apple products.

what are your thoughts?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I see what you mean, but how then will they differentiate between the consumer and pro lines of notebooks?

3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Size and discrete graphics.

4. mpw Guest

Price and spec.

5. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

As long as they don't have the black ring around the screen I'm all for it!

6. Zadillo macrumors 65816

I think it would just mean that the aluminum would no longer be one of the differentiating factors (it's not like people confuse the iMac and MacBook Pro because they both have aluminum cases now).

Apple may of course revise the MBP down the road with some new case material (carbon fiber maybe, like Sony). Or they might do something subtler; maybe black anodized aluminum (which I'd love to see, frankly....... a return to the black PowerBook days).

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Correction: Its all over for the all white MacBook.

Hint: new keyboard on iMacs.

8. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

9. Queso macrumors G4

I hope so. At some point I'm going to need to replace my nearly five year-old PB12". In the absence of a 12" MBP, an aluminium MacBook would fit the bill.

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Don't hold your breath. Plastic is a lot cheaper than metal and is probably a more durable material for the MB's target customer: students and low end users.

11. Zadillo macrumors 65816

If Apple can use aluminum in an $1199 iMac, what makes you think they can't do the same for a $1299 MacBook (or even the low-end $1099 MacBook)?

12. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

El Jobso will maintain the consumer vs. pro divide with the MacBooks in terms of design the same way he did with the iPod/iPhone... by basically not doing it.

I'm in love the the white MacBook, but by the time I am going to buy, the design will probably already have been changed. I guess I'll buy a refurb once the current ones are discontinued. Long live the signature Apple white.