It's amazing how uninformed people are.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nando2323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. nando2323 macrumors 6502a

I was just reading an article in Autoblog about how some Analyst thinks that Steve Jobs is the right person to run GM/Chrysler. You can find the article here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/25/deja-vu-letter-to-obama-suggests-steve-jobs-to-head-gm-chrysle/

The thing that is amazing to me is how uninformed most of the people are. Well at least that read this forum and post comments on it are. I cannot count how many comments on there state stuff like. "GM would make nice shiny cars that are underpowered then the competition and make them appealing to the public and charge double the money for it." And I notice that this is the common thought process that a lot of people have about Apple's products.

Now I have not always been a fan of Apple but I just find it funny when people make statements like that, especially for an IT professional like myself. It's amazing how many people have this perception that Apple's products are way over priced then the competition.

Well I don't know where they are getting their information from but if you compare like products, they are just on par give or take $50-$150 if not cheaper. But the majority of these people sit there and compare a $400 Dell entry level PC to an 20" iMac, I am sorry but that is not a fair comparison. The iMac is an all in one design and you're not getting a Dell XPS One for $400 which would be the comparable machine. Even then the entry level One has a crappy processor, and integrated video and that does not compare to the entry level iMac. Again with the Pro they compare it to the gaming XPS and maybe a HP Voodoo. Not a fair comparison again the mac pro is a Workstation with dual 4 core XEON processors stock. That alone is $1200 retail, if you compare that to a Dell precision workstation the Pro will be cheaper, I've done it before many times to shut down arguments with typical protagonists.

In closing I just wonder where a lot of people get this perception that Apple's products are over priced and cheap in quality. I am not saying that they are perfect by any means but it just erks me when people make such uneducated statements. Well again that was a car blog so that might be my answer right there.

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's amazing how uninformative some thread titles are.

I read the post, but I'm still not sure what it's about.