It's an hour away.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hushbull, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Hushbull macrumors member

Hushbull

In Memphis. My MBP. I want. Deliver me please to the compooter. :rolleyes:

2. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

shouldn't be komputer

3. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

I'm being silly. My MBP I purchased is an hour away from me according to FedEx tracking. I just want the damn thing.

4. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

Duh!, I'm a jackass. I want my komputer. Thanks for the proofreading.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You notice how, whenever anyone raves or gets silly in these threads about first getting their new MB/MBA/MBP/MP... no one ever complains? We all know and share the excitement! There's no doubt, it's a fun experience!!! :apple:

6. bern1812 macrumors member

Mines at my college bookstore just waiting for me to get it at orientation friday...i cant wait:D

7. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

According to the tracker it was going to be Tuesday. But seeing as how it is in Memphis, it should be here tomorrow. They just have to zip it over the Mississippi river.

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Lol, ok I get it now! =D I know the exact same feeling especially on a weekend hehe! :D

Sunday+delivery= sucks for new toys!

9. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

Yes, Jesus would want me to have the damn thing. He is an absolute freak for the iSight, that exhibitionist.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

Simple. My MBP is really close and Jesus likes showing his omnipotence, to the public...ewwww, put that away.

12. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Better hope its not like the Fed Ex "ground" in my area. They deliver on Sat (when the feel like it) and dont deliver on Sun OR Mons.

I learned the hard way: Pay the extra for shipping! Free shipping sucks. Ground is a joke (when your dieing to get something in the mail) like a MBP.

13. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

2-3 day shipping. As far as I know everyone is doing their part.

14. FDX macrumors regular

Hate to tell u this but if it has a Tuesday commit date it might sit in Memphis and be delivered Tuesday, but I hope I'm wrong.

15. Hushbull thread starter macrumors member

Hushbull

Maybe, but considering that Memphis is the FedEx hub, I think they need to get as much out of there as possible at as quick a rate as possible.

16. snberk103 macrumors 603

Nope - thats not how it works.... First, they fly it to Chicago, then they fly it to Los Angeles. It overnights in the city of angles. It gets back on plane, and travels back to Chicago, gets put on truck - and then you get ground delivery.
    :):)

I have a cinema display that developed a bad power brick under warranty, and opted for a DIY repair (as opposed to sending the whole unit back for repair). They sent the brick and the cord in 2 separate boxes. Both started in California. I live on the west coast of Canada, close enough to Seattle to get radio stations. I can drive to California in a day.

The brick went from Calif to Chicago to Montreal, and then come back to the west coast. The cord went from Calif to Seattle to Vancouver (a 1.5 ferry ride from where I live) to Toronto, and then came back to the west coast. Needless to say they had to send the delivery truck twice.

Good luck with your delivery.... I'm sure you'll love the system... once you get it. :)

17. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Nope - thats not how it works.... First, they fly it to the hub closest to you. Then they fly it to your town and put it in the storage closest to your house. Then the driver let's it sit on the loading dock in this storage facility. Then in the morning the driver drives by your house and laughs at you. Then in the evening on his way back that POS drives by your house again and laughs at you again. Then you call them and ask if you can pick up your MBP yourself at the storage facility. They say yes. When you arrive at the storage facility they say they are closed for the day and they laugh at you. Then they do everything again for three days before they deliver your MBP. They have a lot to laugh during these three days. That's at least how UPS in Watertown, MA operates their sh@# business.

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Oh I see; you're not alone; I'm impatiently waiting for the Jawbone 2 I ordered.

19. jbaird77 macrumors member

mine says I'm getting it Tuesday also, but I think it will come tomorrow :D

IhopeIhopeIhope :]

20. FDX macrumors regular

21. jbaird77 macrumors member

yes it did!!! specs are in my sig. Dont regret anything, its amazing!!!!

22. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

i just got my macbook pro yesterday! it's amazing! it took a while though. it travelled from shanghai to missisauga, ontario, to ankorage, alaska, to memphis, tenessee (?), back to missisauga, ontario, to vancouver, bc, and then finally to richmond (city underneath vancouver). why they spent 5x more gas than necessary while making the customer unhappy is beyond me.