It's an Illness!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ITguy2016, Oct 15, 2016.

1. ITguy2016 Suspended

Earlier in the week I inquired about the dual 2.3GHz PowerMac G5 being liquid cooled or not. Based on the responses (it's not) I decided to pick up the system. A very nice find for $40. It's a dual processor (PCI-X version) 2.3GHz system, 4.5GB of RAM (2 x 1GB, 4 x 512MB, and 2 x 256MB), dual hard disks (1 x 500GB and 1 x 750GB), Radeon 9600 with 128MB VAM, AirPort Extreme, and Bluetooth.

This system is in excellent condition. Not a scratch on it, clean, no dust...looks brand new...very well taken care of (purchased from a private seller as opposed to those who buys these in lots and they become scratched as a result). Only thing wrong is the AirPort antenna is broken off.

Seller threw in original Leopard and Snow Leopard discs and, for an additional $10, an original set of Adobe CS4 discs in original packaging.

All in all a pretty decent buy if you ask me. Now to start thinning out the equipment as I'm starting to get too many of these (I've picked up three G5's in the last few months two of which came in the last 7 days).

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Congratulations!

The only G5s I ever seem to find in my area are way over priced. I've never seen a G5 for sale in Phoenix for less than $200 and that includes single processor systems.

Half the time it's because the sellers out here think they are selling a Mac Pro and the other half of the time it's because the seller wants to make back something on their investment. They refuse to recognize that the value has depreciated that much

One of these days though…

3. ITguy2016 thread starter Suspended

Interested in a dual 2.7GHz system for $60?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sent you a PM.