It's been 2 years in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redgaz26, Nov 9, 2009.

1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

So who was all here 2 years ago on this day. I waited for 4 hours in the freezing cold for my first gen iPhone. !!!
    Can't believe it's now 2 years ago. Now have my 3gs and still loving the iPhone. Hoping nexts years will be a bit of a change though.
    So else was on here November 9th 2007???

2. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

2 years ago today i was getting excited, but on 11th November 2007 i was queuing up for the iPhone. :D

3. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

6pm, 9th November 2007.
    By 7pm I was waiting for O2 to register my number, and around 8pm made my first call.

Aaaah. You always remember the first time… ;)

6. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I popped into my local O2 store about half an hour after they started selling them to have a look.

I wasn't that impressed to be honest, even though the iPhone UI looked interesting the phone itself was lacking in features and the call plans were poor value.

I waited another 9 months until the 3G was released before taking the plunge.

8. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I was working in a shopping centre. I remember watching the Carphone Warehouse staff let off party poppers as they let the queue of 3 people in to buy iPhones.

Everyone looked very, very embarrassed. I laughed.

9. alFR macrumors 68020

Yeah, I was there at the Trafford Centre Apple Store. There were so many geeks I thought it was going to implode into a sort of nerd singularity. Good times. :)

10. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

lmao, what a story! i laughed at that.
    I would have paid to be there watching!

I waited till well into the 3G era before I got one. And never looked back. Got my 3G the day I flew back from America last year and my 3GS the day I flew back again from America. It's becoming some kind of ritual...go to america on holiday, fly back, buy iphone, repeat.

11. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

God, time has flown. I was queueing in the Bullring so it wasn't cold thankfully... Starbucks employees were taking orders from us in the line too. :)

I bought my 3GS after returning from America. Was released while I was over there but had to wait til I got back to buy one.

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

2 years + 1 day => iPhone no longer exclusive with O2.
    Unlockable right now too (at least officially to Orange and at som future point Vodafone).

13. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Me too, I think I was 30th (ish) in queue, receipt is timed at 6.16pm. It was going strong until, ironically the 9th November, when my wife (who has it on a Simplicity Plan) had it in her pocket which then went in the wash for a full cycle :eek:

Needless to say it is dead, (but drying out), strong old thing, just a minor scratch to back but looked good as new (and clean).

Ah, well, happy birthday :)

14. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Ah.. how time flies.. another year has passed.. another successful birthday for the iPhone as King Of The Smartphones.. :eek:

15. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

I was getting excited, and that weekend I went to play with one at my local Apple Store, but I sadly didn't get one until a few months after the release of the 3G (got the iPhone 3G I mean, not a first gen).

Still a memorable date for all, though! :D