It's been 4 months now, are you happy with your Touch 3G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agkm800, Jan 9, 2010.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

So, it's been almost 4 months (or over 3 months) now for most of us. What are your thoughts now?

Are you happy with your Touch 3G? Do you still miss camera? Do you regret not staying with your previous 2G Touch because you don't really feel much performance difference?

2. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Love it, love it, love it.

Camera is not missed as much as I thought. A built in mic for skype is a bigger deal for me.

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Use headphones with a built in mic?

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

like it, not love it. could trade it for a mbp :p
    i do miss the camera rumor ><

5. hajime macrumors 68030

Love it but still looking for a remote controller to use it with my Shure SE115.

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

I upgraded from a 1G touch and couldn't be happier. The screen, processor, and battery are huge upgrades over the 1G touch—everything feels so sluggish when I pick up the old one now. I never thought the internal speaker would be all that useful, but it's come in handy more often than I would have guessed, and I like being able to use Skype with a $15 mic adapter.

I don't really feel the absence of a camera as a problem (how exactly were we supposed to use a camera on the back of the device for video teleconferencing?), and I'm sure those who had a 2G touch saw far less reason to upgrade, but I've got nothing but praise for this thing so far!

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Just ordered a 32 - so i'll let you know tomorrow at some point! LOL!!

And yes, i know about the rumored event on the 27th - i won't be ordering the 2nd one until after that :D

8. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Uhh, you weren't. :p

The camera was/is for taking pictures and video.

9. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Yes, but I would love to use skype without headphones or attachments.

10. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

+1

Some of the game apps can also kill the battery pretty quickly.

11. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

-1 i'm still crying over the $200 dollars i saved for that sept 09 day, but i guess no camera.......no money.....that's the only way umma switch from my 1G to the 4G or 5G or 6G:p

12. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Pretty much bang on. I did exactly the same, went from a 16Gb 1G to a 32Gb 3G, and it's night and day. With a MiFi adaptor (basically a USB 3G adaptor with a Wireless router instead of a USB plug) which only costs me £25 for 7Gb of data with no use-by date I'm on-line pretty much anywhere I want to be for a fraction of the cost of an iPhone contract (I'm not on the phone that much so PAYG is fine for me and I spend maybe £10 a month MAX on that).

Only things I'd like to have are a camera and GPS but those are 'nice to haves' and certainly wouldn't upgrade to a 4G just for those. Frankly the 3G runs very quickly, has enough storage capacity at a reasonable cost for my needs and offers all the functionality I need. Very very happy with it indeed and find it's replacing my MBP more and more.

13. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I've only had mine for a week and I can already say I love it. They have some amazing games and the fact that I can bring MMA fights with me wherever I go is awesome. A camera would be pretty cool but I haven't really needed one for anything recently so it's not a big deal.

14. bushwack1 macrumors newbie

nice but no wifi

got for xmas, nice but can't get wifi to work, now I have a spendy mp3 player, seen lots of trouble like this on other forums, Apple support not much help.

15. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Have you asked here for help. The wifi connection is pretty simple on the Ipod touch.

16. macandipodfan macrumors member

I really like it, but the battery life is worse than my old 2G.
    In every other respect it's awesome.

17. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I would love to be talking about the differences.... but had a particular horrid time with UPS and getting this package. Setting it up at 10pm - so NOT what i had in mind. HMPH.

18. LANCE Beverlin macrumors newbie

I am just loving it! used almost all of its features

19. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Wowza. Safari is wayyyyyyyy faster. And that sounds sooooo cliche! Lol!

But it just is, and general scrolling in apps. Gee, wonder if my bejeweled scores will go up?

The screen is dimmer than my 8gb though, I had to bump the brightness an bit.

Now off to play more before I have to get up. Should be up already!

20. tenand2indy macrumors member

Let me respond with an ENTHUSIASTIC "HELL YES!"

I use it more than I thought I would, for email, web, music, movies, and more.

I booted up my laptop at home last night for the first time in about 5 weeks, solely to load some more music and a couple movies onto it.

21. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Lost my 2G :(

Over Christmas, my 2G 16gb iPod touch got swept up in some sheets at a hotel and wasn't found. After mourning, I'm thinking about putting down the money for a iPod touch 32GB. I'm gonna wait until the 26th or 27th to see what Apple has in store then, but I'm probably gonna get the 32GB. I guess it'll be nice to have the extra storage and slight speed bump. Gotta look on the bright side, right?

:apple:
    -Tucker