It's been 5 months and still...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lympero, Aug 21, 2011.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

We use iOS 4 on iPad 2. I reaLly hate that apple has released iPad 2 with no optimized software. I mean 5 months and we still don't know when iOS 5 will be released . Just fall 2011... Is November? September?

Respect your customers !

2. Carouser macrumors 65816

You paid for an iPad 2 which runs the most up-to-date iOS available to the general public. You didn't pay for 'notification by August of iOS 5's specific release date'. Apple hasn't disrespected you; you're just mistaken about what you're entitled to.

3. idkmybffjon macrumors member

are you implying that the current public point release of iOS 4.3 is not optimized specifically for the iPad 2? if so you're seriously delusional.

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Do you really want an iOS 5 that's buggy? You may initially say "yes", just to have it 'now', but I'm sure you'd eventually complain that they rushed and released buggy software and didn't respect their customers.
    I want iOS 5 as much as the next man, but I also want it to run smoothly, which will make the experience that much better, when I do eventually get it. :)

5. brendu macrumors 68020

At least you know apple is going to release an update and when they do you will be able to get it the same day. That's better than most other tablets.

6. cshearer macrumors regular

Apple is being very successful in ths regard. The ambiguity in their marketing is genius, and it's even evident in this thread. Your anger will cause you to follow things even more closely, to speculate, and after all this hub bub, you'll feel an overwhelming sense of relief when it comes out.

OS X Lion especially got me, and all of Macrumors. At the time I wasn't a registered user, but the speculation ran like wildfire. By the time it actually came out, I rushed to my computer to install it. I believe that this method adds to anticipation way more than any release date. If I were the marketing director I wouldn't change a thing.

Also, as someone else stated, you don't want iOS 5 as it is now. I'm currently running it on the iPad 2 I'm typing on, and just a few minutes ago it wouldn't unlock. However, I knew this going in, and this is necessary for testing purposes. iOS is such an intricate mobile platform, and one that cannot be rushed. The fruits of this care for detail has been glaringly obvious even since the original iPhone.