It's been a very long time

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Sammy Cat, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Sammy Cat macrumors member

since I designed any webpages (hand coding, Aracnophilia, Coffee Cup, Namo, etc.), all very old and outdated tools.

I'm not looking to build the next scalable Amazon. I just want an easy to use program that can help me construct basic layouts with menu tabs. I would use it to make design mockups primitively functional.

Can anybody recommend any modern day editors that I could use?

I am good with Adobe products, but always avoided Dream Weaver even when it was made by Macromedia. Back then, I found it cumbersome, and found coding a lot better. I'm sure times have changed, and maybe it is a better product.

Any suggestions?:confused::confused::confused:

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Stay away from iWeb. I would download a trial of dreamweaver.

3. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

I used a trial of Coda last week. It was nice.

But as far my experience goes, nothing beats Dreamweaver. Not for doing WYSIWYG designs, but for hand-coding everything.

And I also agree with the above poster, avoid iWeb.

4. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

Dreamweaver is still bloated and slow.

If you know how to code, stick with a good text editor, I personally love Coda, though there are several good text editors for web coding.

5. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

are you looking to make mockups or make web pages? These are very different tools. There are several-wire framing tools you can use that allow basic interactivity for user testing, but I actually use Keynote for this type of iterative development.

For coding, I would push you towards Coda.

6. ombrenelcielo macrumors regular

ombrenelcielo

7. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

What I didn't liked about Coda was the "uploading to the server" configuration. It seemed to me it was unnecessarily complicated.