It's finally time for me to relax

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DarkHeraldMage, May 1, 2008.

1. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Not really sure if anyone will be interested in reading any of what I'm about to write, but thought I'd just share a little and maybe inspire others to do the same.

I'm 21 years old, turning 22 in just a few weeks and I feel like my life is non-stop with with no time to sit down and just breathe. As has been established in other threads, I'm gay and single, and it's been that way since high school. While I do wish I had a significant other to share my life with, I justify the loneliness by telling myself I don't have the time for anything more right now.

I graduated high school in 2004 and moved into my first apartment 4 days later. Bounced back and forth between 2 different horrible roommates while doing my undergraduate degree before finally getting a place of my own and struggling to pay the bills. I worked full time and took about 20 credit hours a semester, graduating in March '07, just under 3 years after I'd started. Immediately afterwards I began applying to graduate schools and was accepted to my current MBA program that fall.

I've been working full time and pursuing a full-time Master's degree since, and am currently on schedule to graduate in August 2009. Life's been pretty crazy, to say the least. To top it all off I've recently started a 2nd job doing freelance IT work for a small business, and they've been so happy with my work that they're passing my information along to others. My goal is to someday be in a position to do that as a living instead of the professional business environment IT that I do now.

I'm pretty burned out on life, but finally decided to say "screw it" and throw caution to the wind and take a mini vacation. A week after I turn 22 I'm gonna drive down to San Antonio (I'm in Dallas) and spend Memorial Day weekend enjoying myself. I'm going to be staying in a beautiful B&B while I'm there, having dinner on the Riverwalk a few blocks away, and spending as much time as possible at Sea World. I'm a sucker for animals, so zoos and aquariums are always a big source of relaxation and fun for me. To top it all off, I'm told there's a place just outside the city that you can go out horseback riding, so I may do that as well.

So to sum it all up, I'm finally going to try and get away from life and all its pressures and just have some fun. Act my age. Enjoy life. Don't know that anyone will have made it this far, but I'm just really excited about the potential of this trip and thought I'd share. For anyone who stuck around, thanks for listening.

2. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I hope you enjoy your vacay, it sounds like you deserve it! I'm a sucker for animals too, why not try to schedule swimming with the dolphines, or a private petting, i know some zoos offer that.

Have a good one.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Hope you enjoy it.

And after all the animals and dolphins it might be interesting to check out the local wildlife as well… :D ;)

4. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

To be quite honest, one of the primary motivators is to meet a guy. So we may or may not be going out. Chances are the Saturday I arrive will consist of romantic dinner on the riverwalk followed by a movie of some sort, then a relaxing evening of TALKING in my room. Perhaps some cuddling. *grin* I just want to take things slow and have fun, and this weekend will facilitate that in the best possible way.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

6. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

*shrug* It's been a while since that happened, but even longer since I had someone I could intimately just spend time with. I'd prefer the latter.

With the former not far behind. :p

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Now that could be misinterpreted. ;) :p :D

8. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I don't possibly see how. *innocent whistle*

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

haha, this thread is funny - thanks for the laugh guys. :)

Anyhoo, enjoy your vacation - it certainly sounds like you're earned it.

10. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Thanks. I can't wait. :) Hit a few bumps last night and horseback riding is almost definitely out. He's a sweet guy, but very modest and doesn't want me to pay for everything (nor would I), but he won't even let me offer to pay for a few things to take the pressure off him. I respect that, but he's making it more difficult for me to be romantic. :p