It's getting old already (cMBP vs rMBP users)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by espiritujo, Jul 28, 2012.

1. espiritujo macrumors member

espiritujo

Seeing these threads about all the hate on the cMBP and the rMBP in which is better is really getting old already, right? I feel like these arguments are the same as an argument in politics: No matter what happens, at the end of it all, no one is going to change their idea or belief in that topic. I feel like we have the rMBP political party and the cMBP political party.

An example of these arguments include some people believing that the rMBP looks so much crisper than the cMBP. Some people say they cannot see a difference in it. Some people say it's clearly and it's scientifically proven that the rMBP is better quality than other screens. And then as the argument keeps going, someone bashes another user and say the person needs to get their eyes checked because OBVIOUSLY the rMBP is crisper than other screens.

Now I'm not going to give my opinion on what I think about the rMBP and the cMBP, but I see no need to bash someone's opinions on it. I hate seeing posts like, "That's just silly" or "To be fair, that post was pretty bad".. I didn't realize that getting a cMBP means that a person is more upgrade oriented, and that getting an rMBP means that you have alot of money and that you don't really care about upgrading, therefore assuming that rMBP users have probably never opened a car before or fixed a problem in their house.

What will this accomplish? I'll admit, I am a troll at heart. I love making fun of people on the Internet, even if I have no idea what I'm talking about. But reading these threads involving someone's opinion on the rMBP and then another user's opinion on how he thinks they are blind or an idiot for posting that is getting old and annoying. I joined this forum to read about other people's experience with the various Apple products out there, without having to see that someone's opinion on one product is 'stupid' or 'silly'.

I normally don't post alot on these forums, but I read them religiously. I guess there goes my stupid rant. I'm sorry, it's 1:30 in the morning, and I desperately need sleep, but I thought going on these forums would be a nice way to relax, and I didn't think seeing all these posts would get me so inspired to post a topic.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Is it silly to think that just because the rmbp do not say MacBook Pro at the bottom of the screen it makes it cheaper?

4. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

What I find odd is that a lot of people who are arguing against the rMBP are saying that some websites or website images look poor because they are non-retina and so they'll wait until absolutely everything is retina ready. Well, they should realize that the choice between retina MBP and non-retina MBP is actually:

rMBP) Some images on the web look poor, some non-retina apps look poor.
    cMBP) Everything looks poor.

:)

5. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

The only thing I am finding old on this forum is putting c before MBP.

Don't do it please.

Its not a cMBP. :D

Its a MBP.

6. Rockoar macrumors regular

Rockoar

There should be a forum for the cMBP and a different one for the rMBP, maybe?
    What I hate is all this different threads were people tell they opinions of the rMBP. C'mon! just open one and stick all your personal opinions there, don't fancy yourself an expert which opinion we are all dying to read.

7. biskit96 macrumors newbie

I am kinda new to this forum, but I am pretty surprised how nasty and personal it gets. I regularly read other forums that are so much nicer and friendly, although I do find this forum very informative.

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Okay, you get extra snark points for that one.;)

9. Hippocrates macrumors member

We should be glad that there are two options for us to choose from. This isn't a contest where one reigns supremacy over another. We all pick what is most suitable for our usage.

For me, I don't really care about the Retina display, but I like the fact it is an IPS screen. Other than that I bought a rMBP because of its form factor: a machine with fairly powerful CPU/GPU in the thinnest (if not the sexiest) and lightest enclosure in the laptop market.

Of course cMBP will have its own advantages too. It has a superdrive that I might find it useful occasionally. It probably has no scrolling or UI performance problems on all websites, and of course it comes with much better upgradability.

For me, the advantages in rMBP outweigh those in cMBP... but it can't be the same for everyone as our need differs. So there's no point arguing.

10. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Actually it looks better on my cMBP because the quote buttons are sharper.

Check
    Mate

11. spravtek macrumors member

I just like the rMBP because finally there is a 15" from Apple that can do 1920x1200 and even more if you can work with small text (which I can) ... I don't really care about the quality discussion of the retina screen ... For me it's about screen real-estate ...

But as said before ... An opinion is like ... etc ...

12. saberahul macrumors 68040

13. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

mine is a made in china macbook copy..oh wait

14. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Agreed. Besides all of the silliness of "mine's better than yours" type arguments, I personally don't like having to sift through all of the retina stuff, which does not affect me, in the MBP forum.

We've got Mac Pro and iMac forums split, because they are two very different computers with different issues and discussion points.

I think the MBP and the rMBPs are also two very different machines, and as such, warrant their own forums. No?

15. gentlefury macrumors 68030

More than likely by next year, the entire line will be retina appliance style MacBooks. Then they will have to find something else to complain about, or join the I hate apple group.

16. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Is that actually what people think? I have last year's unibody and I prefer the lack of branding. I'd also like the Apple logo to be taken off the back because it attracts attention and I can see light shining through the screen sometimes.

17. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

Classic.

18. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

It's advertising for apple and will never be removed (the apple logo that is)

19. wethackrey macrumors 6502

hmmmm... classic? conventional? cheap? constipated? cadaverous? connoisseur? congenital? conjugal? consanguineous? consecrated?

Hey, I don't know. I just use MBP.

[Gotta love thesaurus.com]

----------

But that would put out of business whoever it is makes those round silver disks used to cover the logo in the movies and TV shows that don't do product placement deals with Apple.

20. illini71 macrumors member

The rMBP needs its own forum where owners can discuss they're machine without having to sift through the nonsense, and likewise for the cMBP.

21. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

it is what some people have said in the random forum threads here, I for one could care less.

22. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I wouldn't have even noticed if not for people complaining...I tend to be looking at the screen, not below it.

23. shelob8888 macrumors member

heh! ;)

24. wethackrey macrumors 6502

I'm thinking that, if I want to be a truly snarky troll, I'll use that one. The MacBook Pro Conjugal Edition. For when you can't get a real date.