It's happening again...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by M3G4, Mar 2, 2009.

1. M3G4 macrumors regular

Take a look at this photo and tell me what's wrong...

[​IMG]

Yep. Third time since I've had it. Beginning to get ticked off now.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was used on the move, but it sits on my desk. It's not mistreated whatsoever! :mad:

2. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I have three of those cracks, two on the top and one exactly where yours is, I just superglued it and it's fine now.

ChrisN

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No, that's a white one.

5. svndmvn Guest

Is it time for you to get a replacement or you're not entitled yet?
    I've had many iPhones cracking/other issues, and I've been offered a full refund after 7 months of use.. trying to get it exchanged again, kinda feel like I'll give up and accept any flaw now..

6. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I've had mine for 2 years? maybe 3 so they won't do anything for me but good luck M3G4.

ChrisN

7. M3G4 thread starter macrumors regular

It's a design flaw so they should do something. If they don't, I'm going to kick up one hell of a fuss. My dell laptop has been battered around and nothings' fallen off yet! :p

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Do you have AppleCare? If so, then you're fine. If not, you are probably out of luck but you it is worth a try anyway. You may get a sympathetic Genius who is willing to make an exception. It's happened for me with my old WhiteBook- I got a replacement battery well out of warranty. Good Luck.

9. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I never had this happen on any white one I had.

10. fourtyoneantz macrumors member

Even if you don't have AppleCare I'm almost positive they will replace it. If you get a Genius that says they won't, put up a huge fuss. That's B.S. That is a design flaw and should be covered with or without AppleCare. But like I said, I think you'll be fine either way.

11. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

On the bright side, at least the whole wrist rest / keyboard / trackpad area will look like new after they replace it! They've had to replace mine twice so far due to the cracking, and while it's such a pain leaving it at the Apple Store, getting it back in the like-new condition is pretty nice. :eek:

12. Mr Earl macrumors newbie

They replaced mine the second time out of warranty. I think the plastic is better now.:rolleyes:

13. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

What am I supposed to be looking for here. I've been looking at the picture quiet a bit and still cannot find what's wrong here haha someone help me out i feel slow

14. mik34 macrumors member

Really?

If that's the case, I got a whole bunch of "like new" crap to sell you.

15. ux4all macrumors regular

ux4all

If you look at the picture, you should see 2 lines. The outter line represents the case, the inner (faint) line is the nasty crack in the case.

16. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

oh wow I had no clue those were cracks. I thought that was part of the casing. Sorry I havent had a white macbook in a year or so. I forgot what the edges looked like. welp, send to apple or bring to apple and get a diff one......i suppose?

17. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Just take it in. I read in many places that Apple will fix them out of warranty.