It's Hard To Wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applefb00, Sep 14, 2007.

1. applefb00 macrumors newbie

It's very hard to wait for Leopard. I am going to be switching from PC to Mac in October/November as soon as Leopard is released. Hopefully they won't delay Leopard again. I am also thinking of buying an iPod Touch. Oh and I'm buying a MacBook. Does anyone know if any problems will arise with a new MacBook because I've seen the other forums and they've said that there is discoloration, yellow screens, etc. Hopefully that won't happen. Oh and should I wait for MS Office 2008 or should I just buy MS Office 2004?

I LOVE :apple::D

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

Give NeoOffice a try before you buy MS Office. It's free and is good enough for most peoples uses.

3. applefb00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does NeoOffice have powerpoint and word like applications?

4. bwv1013 macrumors newbie

yes. word processor, presentations, spreadsheets, drawing. very easy transition from MS equivalents (almost identical interface) and as mentioned it's free so you can't argue with the price. after firefox it's the second download that i install on my machines. just make sure you install the patches. i've been using it for several months now, very reliable software.

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

NeoOffice sucks.

iWork 08 is cheaper than Office and is pretty good. Also, I wouldn't buy Office 2004 now because Office 2008 is supposed to be coming out early next year.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have used all three extensively...right now I use primarily Pages, then NeoOffice. I can say honestly that NeoOffice does not suck. When was the last time you used it? As it has got A LOT better in the last few versions...

7. cervaro macrumors regular

Thankfully I should be able to get Mac Office 2008 for around £18 via the Microsoft Home User Programme at work. About the only cheap benefit we get from the NHS! :eek:

8. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

NeoOffice does not suck. I also use it's sister program, OpenOffice on WindowsXP. They are very good, and they are free. I can move any type of document back and forth, Mac to Windows and back. Today, I had an AppleWorks spread sheet that I wanted to move to Windows, so I saved it as an Excel file, transfered it with a Flash Drive to my Windows computer and opened it in OpenOffice. Why anyone would pay for MSOffice is beyond me. Of course, in the corporate world, that is another story since you must do what the hierarchy dictates.