It's Her!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by roland.g, May 7, 2015.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It feels like a real life version of Her. Like Joaquin Phoenix, so many early adopters have fallen in love with their Apple Watch. Do you talk to your watch? Do you feel that connection when your watch pulses on your wrist? Does your watch know just what to tell you? Are you a little less connected to reality because you are in this new relationship with your watch?

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

I read this as "It's hurrrr" as in "My watch has arrived".

3. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

I think you're liking that tactic feedback a bit too much....

4. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 6502a

you are not the only one...

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

uhhh. It is pretty far from "her"

If a device like that truly existed people would be really disconnected from reality.

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

IF you configure the Watch app on your iPhone correctly, this watch is a great little personal assistant. I am finding new use cases almost every day at this point. The taps on the wrist are just part of the usefulness.

7. Wally© macrumors member

Wally©

I think we both need council..;)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1879426

8. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

great username!

I get the functionality, I was commenting more on the fact that the obsession and insanity level around here with the watch, getting the watch, not getting the watch yet, and some of the comments about how amazing it is remind me a bit of Her. I do understand that it is a functional personal assistant that complements the iPhone quite well. I think some people are losing sight of that.

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Well my Apple Watch is cute company in a Tamagotchi kind of way. And it's like a sweet slightly addled grandmother, telling me to stand when I finally got the animals fed and walked, everyone else off to school and work, and can at long last sit down with my coffee and rapidly cooling breakfast. :rolleyes:

I politely ignore it, and like a sweet addled grandma it praises me for reaching some weird stand goal anyway. I've no idea what it's blathering about, but it's nice to know it cares and is looking out for me and wants to build up my self esteem with peppy praise.

Then a few minutes later it reminds me to take my allergy meds.

Sometimes it tells me to stand just as I've sat down on the toilet. And Siri thinks I was trying to tell my husband that aunts were invading our kitchen, not ants. So it's a little comedian as well.

And I was planning on buying cute outfits for it, in a sense, by getting new bands for it. So yeah, I'm a bit daft over the thing, I suppose.

10. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Time to work on your communication skills. You post like this in other threads too.

11. Medicman67 macrumors regular

Does he know it's supposed to go around the wrist. ##

12. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

lol my point exactly....