It's Here It's Here It's Here!!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jaypee68, Jul 23, 2008.

1. jaypee68 macrumors regular

The 3.06GHz 24" iMac arrived this afternoon, and I got to leave work early to dive right in. This thing is gorgeous, and as soon as I find replacements for all my windows apps, I don't think I'll ever turn on my $5000 SLI PC unless I'm going to play some kind hard core game.

Had to replace the Mighty Mouse, it just plain sucks IMHO and it kept darting across the screen all on it's own. I just love all the apps packed into the OS, it's got almost everything you need. Photobooth is sweet as is Dashboard and OMG... TimeMachine! All these other little apps like the iLife set rock as well. Oh and CoverFlow with Quickview. What can I say? Wow!

I liked using Vista Ultimate, but this is just a whole new kind of fun. I'll be boosting the RAM to 4GB here in the next few weeks.

Welp I'm off to play more, currently patching World of Warcraft. :D

2. pcorajr macrumors 6502

congrats and welcome to the club. I'm also not a fan of the MM. To me personally it is one of the worst mouse out there. I need more than what the M offers button wise and comfort wise.

3. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up dragging out some old Logitech Mx 510 I had laying around and it works just fine.

4. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

congrats! I on the other had dig my MM...never had a problem with it, so simple and to the point...best mouse in the market:D

5. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy it for many years.

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

Call Apple and get a replacement. I had to RMA a bluetooth mighty mouse for the same problem. It would just randomly track across the screen without me being near the mouse. Problem solved with a replacement mouse. :)

7. bob vansteel macrumors regular

lol try to left and right click at the same time...

8. candyman macrumors regular

Welcome to the 3GHz iMac club! I just got mine yesterday and am finishing installing my design software on it right now. I am so impressed by the size of this thing. 24" of beauty! I also upgraded it to 4GB of RAM and it is very snappy. Love mine after 24 hours! Enjoy your new iMac!

9. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

10. The Hammer macrumors regular

Because he could.;)

11. blubox macrumors member

are you using a mouse pad?

a mouse pad helped my MM stay stable. I don't know why but it did.

12. Fallinangel macrumors regular

Fallinangel

Congrats, mine will be here on the 1st August, hopefully! :eek:

13. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Congrats =D be sure to post your own review in a few weeks time, to tell othe people what you think =)

14. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

Yup, coverflow is awesome - it really makes this version of OSX a joy to use. Hopefully it'll get even better in snow leopard.

15. passingXstorm macrumors regular

im sorry if im missing something but why on earth would you need to left and right click at the same time:confused:

16. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I feel the same way about my imac. except i love the wireless mighty mouse, but I'm definitely in the minority around here. the MM has a bad rap but i completely love it, it works perfectly for me and i love its elegance and simplicity.

17. ShadowXOR macrumors regular

The function is used in many games and professional design applications (particularly 3D modeling). That's one of the many drawbacks of the MM...

18. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

That's one of the ways to walk forward while playing World of Warcraft. You move forward with the 2 mouse buttons so that your other hand is free to mash buttons to cast spells and such.

19. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

I use my mighty mouse for everything besides gaming, it's not a gaming mouse. lol

Besides that I love it to death. works perfect for me =)

I don't mind switching mice when I game either. pretty easy. and usually when I'm gaming it's a entirely separate time from when I'm working etc.

Actually, I have a g5 and I prefer to use my mm for playing crysis XD

20. passingXstorm macrumors regular

ohhhhh OK, I don't play WoW so thats not a problem for me, thanks for explaining. :D

21. joby866 macrumors member

joby866

It's taken me almost 5 days to get use to mighty mouse, but now I love it. I've not used many mouse in my time though. Only a Power Cordless Logitech mouse which is great and a USB Wired Mouse designed for laptop use, and Mighty mouse.

Ive got the same model as you and I'm planning to upgrade to 4gb in a few weeks :p