it's looking good for October release

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 4fingered, Sep 25, 2008.

1. 4fingered macrumors member

I emailed a local Mac seller, who sells at wholesale price here, asking him if he would be selling the new MBP at wholesale price if and when they are released. This was the response I got back

"Yes, we will sell the new version(mid october) but then
    Please feel free to email me when they are released.

Cheers"

sound It sounds good to me. now I think this guy is slightly shady but if that's the case then maybe that's the reason I got the info from him if you know what I mean.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No one but Apple knows. No one outside of Apple has any "inside information" about product releases. If you search the forums, you'll find dozens of threads on this topic, filled with opinions, speculations, rumors, guesses.... but no one knows for certain.

3. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

Yeah, I seriously doubt your local mac dealer has any more info. than we do. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a member of MacRumors and simply responded based on the information he read on this site.

4. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

If no one on the this forum knows, I doubt that guy knows.

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I also had another thought, maybe Apple will have them a week or two before the resellers? Making a Sept 30 release possible

6. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

THIS IS NOT INSIDER INFORMATION.

retailers get informed about new incoming stock if any. They definitely don't know how it will look like and what are the specs but they do know some days in advance that something is coming in to prepare for new stock.

How do you think it works when apple announces something like a new iPod and you find it available the same day in stores. It arrives a couple of days in advance.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, there's a difference between "inside information" and "insider information". I never referred to insider information.

Second, I said "no one outside of Apple". Apple stores are part of Apple. :rolleyes:

8. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Ya well "shady" Mac wholesalers aren't.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And your point is? My original statement was "No one outside of Apple has any "inside information" about product releases." That means "shady" Mac wholesalers don't have advance knowledge about new Mac releases, and when new products are released, they don't show up at "shady" Mac wholesalers on the same day, like they do in Apple-owned stores.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Please kids, we're not in grade school anymore!

And no one Apple outside of Apple should know what's going on. If they did, you probably had to sign a NDA.

11. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

My point was he wasn't talking about "Apple stores" to begin with.

12. chukwithak macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

for what it's worth, my ex wife who sells for apple, not an apple store, but inside apple corporate. I asked her about a new MBP release and she responded that she's only heard rumors (guessing disclosure agreement?) but her sales will be up in October.

13. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I know, but if I told you I would have to kill you.