It's Monday ... What Task Did You Not Want To Do?

Turkish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Many of us reported to our jobs this morning, and I'm sure there was a task that you were dreading coming to work and doing. What is it?

I have to start reading and editing sections for one of our books this morning and I stressed about it all weekend...

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I strimmed and mowed the lawns this morning.

I'm spending this afternoon test driving some cars.

It's a hard life.

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
I've got to meticulously pore over the internal components of a satellite, assign heat loads, generate a thermal model, and then solve it. I've been avoiding doing this for days already, haha :p:eek:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I've got to meticulously pore over the internal components of a satellite, assign heat loads, generate a thermal model, and then solve it. I've been avoiding doing this for days already, haha :p:eek:
Ooh. I take it back. I loves me your work :cool:

Seriously, I'm quite a bit jealous.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
It's Monday ... What Task Did You Not Want To Do?...
Monday.

But seriously I'd actually like to be going to work today. It'd be better than spending time applying jobs for letters of rejection.

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
Ooh. I take it back. I loves me your work :cool:

Seriously, I'm quite a bit jealous.
Yeah, it is pretty nice for a summer job. I'm on a co-op placement at the Canadian Space Agency. It's very interesting stuff, but they give me crap software with poor documentation to use...really makes you get creative sometimes!

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Too much crap I don't wanna be doing... development work, filling out forms, writing letters, chasing crappy revenue & customs people about stuff... meh.

Oh how I wish I could just be on a little island right now.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
HR paperwork for the 2 new people I hired. Had to do it if I want them to get paid.

Depsite how hard I look, I can't find people who will work for free.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Many of us reported to our jobs this morning, and I'm sure there was a task that you were dreading coming to work and doing. What is it?

I have to start reading and editing sections for one of our books this morning and I stressed about it all weekend...
Sadly, I was working all weekend just so I could get my Monday work done. Wait, does going to work count as something I dreaded doing today?

Anyway...interesting to see how some people like their Mondays. Is their a thread where people explain what kinds of jobs they have? That would be interesting.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Depsite how hard I look, I can't find people who will work for free.
Silly, you're going about it the wrong way. Make listings for interns. :p Okay, but seriously? A lot of interns work for little to nothing.

Scooping kitty litter before you're fully awake is fun.

And going to a temp. job you took out of familial obligation that means you get bitched at all day on the phone (by clients), at the office (by aforementioned family), and yet return home to get bitched at some more. :) 'Course, MR isn't the sanctuary it once was, either.

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Make that 3.
make it 4. :p

seriously, i have to do a whole bunch of things i don't want to do today...but the one thing i'm dreading is this installation manual that i'm working on. i have all these CAD drawings that have been sent to me that are missing lines/details here and there, so i have to scour all of the hundred-or-so drawings to make sure they're complete. then i have to beg the CAD designer to re-export the incomplete drawings...again. then i have to determine which section each unlabeled (don't ask) drawing goes into, in a Fig. 1 fashion. yay.

so yeah, my monday's gonna suck. :(

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Going upstairs.

I didnt exactly want to listen to my mom about why am I still unemployed. :mad:

Damn bathroom and food being upstairs. Those traitors.