It's nearly time guys! 2019 iPad

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
What are your last minute predictions?

I think - same design, larger screen, faster processor, more RAM (3 or 4GB).

Bonus would be a Smart Cover / Keyboard combo at a budget price

To me, I hope the same design stays so that existing cases and accessories work

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2015
What are your last minute predictions?

I think - same design, larger screen, faster processor, more RAM (3 or 4GB).

Bonus would be a Smart Cover / Keyboard combo at a budget price

To me, I hope the same design stays so that existing cases and accessories work
The main reason I bought the 2018 iPad Pro, is because Spec wise there’s nothing else to add that I want.
Sure there are a few things but I don’t want them like.

OLED Display, can have Burn In and I don’t want Generation 1 of Apples first implementation.
Faster CPU sure but it will remain 8 Core and 7nm for the next 2 years.
Reinforced Chasis sure

Only thing making me switch iPad Pro my current 11” will be 3 Years from now.
When they have a 12 Core 4nm A15X and it can run MacOS with 8GB DDR5 RAM

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
Well, I was a little bit disappointed they didn't update the $329 one to be honest, but it made my decision a hell of a lot harder.

I was going to go for the budget iPad for me and my gf plus two of those Logitech keyboard folio's.

But in the end I just ordered two of the new iPad Air 64GB's - a Space Grey and a Gold one with engravings.

It was tough, I was looking forward to the 128GB of the cheaper model. But it's older processors will be the biggest down side to doing that...

Here's why I coughed up and got the Air...

- Latest processors to fluently run the next few iOS's (and I reckon with the latest iPad Pros it's about to go next-level)
- Slightly larger display
- Laminated display (actually more annoying than I wanted it to be not having it on the old iPad Air I'm borrowing atm)
- Bad reviews of the Logitech Folio case on Apple's site
- True Tone...

About True Tone... everybody is dissing it, but last month when I had my now refunded 2018 MBP w/TB 512GB I was working from home on an icy day... Sitting with the laptop on my knees against the window as the sun shun right in my way... Having moved my knees down the laptop adjusted and darkened the screen... moved it back and guess what.. The dark blacks - normally unseeable in the light - were actually adjusted to a pale grey, with the sunlight on them it looked perfectly natural as to how the sun 'should' make the blacks look. Ever since that moment, True Tone made sense to me and was practically doing something that made a huge difference to comfort. I often will hold up the laptop / screen to show someone something at work or uni and it also tends to brighten up there too when faced with a bright light. True human friendly technology, working for us.

The down sides...

- No keyboard
- No case
- 64GB, not 128GB

This will compliment my Mac mini now as my commuting work and home powerhouse / long intensive computing machine as a nice, leisurely device to sit back with in between - no more hunching over the laptop. Comfortable computing at work, at my home desk and then sitting back on the sofa or chair at Starbucks to read, study or browse on the iPad.

I really hope this setup works!

Who else ordered one?