It's not made to work with iPhone..?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iNeko, Apr 13, 2008.

1. iNeko macrumors regular

All of a sudden, my iPhone is now not recognising my Dual Dock (for the Apple bluetooth headset) it says it's not made to work with the iPhone, it also won't charge from it now...

I've restarted the iPhone (switched it off then on again) but I'm getting the same message, even with the standard iPhone dock...

I'm using a 5 month old iPhone with 1.1.4, unmodified - anyone have any ideas what I can try, or is it a case of calling Apple?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Restore?

Kind of a pain in the neck, but better then calling Apple(who will likely tell you to do the same/ do that for you)

3. iNeko thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I've just done something I didn't think of - the dock is plugged into the mains adapter, so I unplugged it, connected the dock, iPhone and headset to my Macbook Pro, it all works - headset shows on the iPhone's screen, and it syncs.

Reconnected it to the mains adapter and it all works... Panic over I guess, still, I've never seen that before, maybe the USB lead was loose or something, phew :cool: