It's now early 2015. Where's the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Corsig, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Corsig macrumors member

Obviously I'm kidding but everyday now is one day closer to release. So what are the chances of meeting the Valentine Day timeframe? A whole new Press conference will no doubt kick it off.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

That's how it worked when they pre-announced the iPhone, and then finally launched it. :)

3. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

As much as I want to praise Apple (and believe me I really do) I'm frustrated, baffled and in the dark as to why they're doing or not doing what they are, as the case may be.

4. tschangrx7 macrumors newbie

Available date?

Does anyone have a clue as to when it will be available? I'm losing patience here, even considering purchasing another smart watch to play with while waiting...

5. Dave245 macrumors 601

The only people who know is Apple themselves. I'm also looking forward to the Apple Watch but i don't think we will hear anything this month. Maybe it will be ready for Valentines day.

6. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

funny i was going to post something like this too, but kidding of course.
    this morning when i woke up i thought "hey sweet we are in early 2015 like apple said so wheres the watch"

7. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I'm going to make my estimate based on this

- In order to justify announcing it as being available in early 2015, Apple really has to have it released by March. An April or later release date just doesn't seem to justify Early 2015 to me.

- Apple has changed to the UK Site to 'Early 2015' as opposed to just '2015' as it was before. Now, for the launch of every new Apple product category in the past, Apple has released it to the USA in advance of the UK and other countries.

- Apple SVP of Retail reportedly said 'Spring'.

- Therefore, I'm going to place my bets on an early March release. I think there will be a press conference on Late February or Early March to finalise details and probably launch some other products. Then it'll hit the shelves just over a week later in the USA, and possibly the same date in the UK, but maybe around two weeks later.

8. tschangrx7 macrumors newbie

Impressed

I'm impressed with your deduction and conclusion! Early March it is!

9. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

Just to play devil's advocate:

-Apple doesn't have to justify anything to anyone. They owe you or I absolutely nothing, and will not release a product on a date just to justify an estimate.

-Early can just as easily be changed back to simple 2015. Also, I haven't looked this up to verify exactly which countries, but I believe Apple have been doing much larger releases the last few years. I recall most releases being in multiple countries now, and I would imagine the UK would coincide with the US release.

- Spring is from March 20 until June 21.

Having said that, I would guess you aren't far off. My money would be anywhere from the end of March until the beginning May. That time period falls well within spring and, to me seems early enough in the year to be "early 2015". It's all wild guesses though. I believe that the watch was nowhere near as far along as most here believed when it was first announced, and so wouldn't be shocked to see it pushed to late Spring. Judging by what those with actual connections have said and the features that were shown, Apple had a lot of work to do before release.

10. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

My prediction right after the keynote was March 24, and I'm sticking with that. ;) I sure wouldn't mind earlier though.

11. Tanegashima macrumors 6502

12. jimmyusmc macrumors member

Where do you get " January 24th from?

13. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

January 24, 1984 :p

14. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I thought it was going to be easier now that we are in 2015, I honestly can't wait........

15. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

It's a very early spring. Maybe he has an "in" with the most secret of all entities:

Punxatawney Phil.
    [​IMG]

16. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I'm pretty sure it's going to be like the Mac Pro... High demand, low supply.

17. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

Does it matter? When they release it, people will line up in droves to buy it. They're probably trying to work out the kinks in the ecosystem and/or battery life.

18. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Yes. I want one.

19. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

Well patience, grasshopper.

20. KPOM macrumors G5

Apple hasn't yet announced the specific date for their earnings release. My guess is that if the Watch is coming out in February, they will issue a press invitation for an event during the first week in February (after the earnings release). If they don't, then I think it won't be until mid-March.

21. redman042 macrumors 68020

Anytime from March - June is my guess.

They need to absolutely nail the software to have a strong launch. They took some criticism for the rocky launch of iOS 8, and my iPhone 6 Plus is still a tad buggy to this day (running latest version of iOS 8). The watch is an all-new platform with extremely challenging battery life targets. Also, given that it's a watch and not a phone (a watch that can sell for more than $10k in the higher-end forms), customers will be hard-pressed to accept any bugs at all. Finally, that software has to work seamlessly with the phone. So the phone software has to be ready too.

I'm sure they are working darn hard to get there, but Cook would be wise to not release this until the software is practically bulletproof.

I'm personally not counting on "early 2015" meaning Jan or Feb. If it comes out before mid 2015 I'll be happy.

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

February 14th is not "early spring". That would be late winter.

23. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Once we start seeing smuggled pics of production pieces show up we will know that production has started. It will then be a couple of months.

24. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

Apple did say early 2015 and to be fair it's quite early in 2015!

25. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Ten thousand dollars for a watch with a $1000 to $1500 gold case and about $200 worth of internals ?