It's Now Officially SEPTEMBER 28, now what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by onionperson654, Sep 27, 2007.

1. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

So, we all know that the ipod touch was supposed to be released on the 28th, but obviously Apple, Best Buy, and other select (random) stores have been selling them for weeks. Looking at the quantities sold in those stores showed relatively low numbers compared to what usual ipod sales. So, the question is if they have been making larger production numbers for today (or this weekend, perhaps Sunday advertisements), releasing them, etc?

I guess we'll see one of three things:

1.) No change, iPod touch's continue to trickle out, albeit at an increasing rate. This seems most likely

2.) iPod touch's appear in much larger numbers over the next couple of days and are finally easy enough to procure. This is what I (and I am sure many others are hoping for)

3.) iPod touch's appear in massive (i.e. classic/shuffle/nano) numbers. Seems unlikely, but would be nice (except, of course, that they would not be so unique)

So, any dispatches from the front lines?

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

if it doesnt change by 5 PM call apple and RAISE HELL!;)

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm guessing no change since they just got released early.

4. onionperson654 thread starter macrumors regular

onionperson654

Wonderful, Costco finally got them in.

After over a week of waiting (the order said they were supposed to get them in the 18th, ha, but I kept calling), they are there, and now I've just got to go get them.

It seems sort of like a coincidence that they have them now because of shipping, but UPS could have been told to get them there by the 28th, so you never know.

Any other success stories (especially from non Apple/Best Buy)?

5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Forget big quantities. Just got off my 5th call with Apple, wondering where my replacement 16GB ("will ship Monday, to arrive Tues. or Weds.") is. Well, they have a 7-10 day wait on shipping, which is what the online store shows ("nobody should have told you it would ship on a specific date," they said).

By comparison, Classic & Nano are 24 hours/1-2 bus. days. Makes me think they did some big retool at the factory to fix the Touch screen problem and are behind in production.

6. onionperson654 thread starter macrumors regular

onionperson654

Yeah, I saw the 7-10 days, and I have to say, they've still not ramped up production to high levels.

Some of the 7-10 day wait is most likely shipping, since they probably ship the other ipods from warehouses in the states (or elsewhere), but as Apple is probably sending daily air shipments, shipping would be 2-3 days at most (for fast shipping options).

Still, if Apple says you're going to get it in 7-10 days (especially now that its the 28th), you'll probably get them them. Amazon, Target, etc. have shipped to some people, but I'd count them out on speed (although far ahead on return policies).

Bottom line: if you can, but it from a physical store.

7. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

I ordered one in the Spain Store on the 5th and stills says "Prepared for shipment". I called Apple and a voice told me they were close and that they opened from monday to friday from 9am to 10pm. Today is friday and I called at 4pm, at 5pm and 7pm. This is far from a good customer service.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The 7-10 days is not how long it takes to get it it is an estimation on how long you have until it ships from the factory. Most iPods ship from the factories in China not warehouses in the US, there is just more demand for the other iPods right now so there are more being made and they ship faster.

9. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

Honestly, everyone needs to stop complaining about their iPod Touches not getting here exactly when they wanted them to.

We've paid $330 or $430, alright, whatever, but come on, the iPods weren't even supposed to SHIP until today. The fact that we saw the orders pop up early was just a mistake on Apple's or FedEx's part.

We'll get our iPod Touches eventually, probably next week some time, and with that $10 some of us received as a refund from the expedited shipping... We can go buy a sudoku book and do that while we wait. Geez!

I admit, I was supremely pissed off when I saw the delivery status this morning, but calling Apple to complain isn't going to make the planes fly any faster.

10. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

in Australia, it still says 7-10 business days for shipping

we'll be seeing shortages of the iTouch for a while

11. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

As of 7 pm EST on Friday, my touch has a status of "prepared for shipment", so with expedited shipment, the Apple rep told me "by next Friday" versus the 2-3 business days that I paid for. Should be interesting to see when I actually get it. And is there a refund if I don't get it in 2-3 business days?

12. mufasa macrumors member

Im still waiting for mine, my dad ordered it at pc richards (he payed already) on september 22nd, they said it would be here by september 24 or 25th but when i calle dthe store, they said its coming october 5th -.- i asked my dad if i can return and order somewhere else, he said no so i gotta wait til october 5th, hopefully itll come then. on september 22nd they told my dad it was sopposed to be at thier store on september 19th but it hadnt arrived so they said it would be here on the 24 or 25, but that was obviously delayed, hopefully it wont happen again on the 5th, if it does ill be ticked. It most likely will too, cause i got the worst luck in the world. btw the store i pre-paid at is PC Richards and son.