Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Just kidding.

According to CNET report, Apple has officially stated they will not take part in the "Intel Inside" campaign.

Which means...no stickers on the computers.

Breathe a sigh of relief....

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
maya said:
Yeah, however what is the big deal anyhow? :rolleyes:

Read through some of the old threads on here to see some of the hissy fits that were thrown about a sticker on the Mac.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
mac-er said:
Read through some of the old threads on here to see some of the hissy fits that were thrown about a sticker on the Mac.

That is MR Forum for you anyhow, some people will agree and others well.....you cannot please them all. ;)

Many people are just being childish about it TBH. :)

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
2nyRiggz said:
well the hissy fit would be called for if they did put those things on the MBP:p

Bless

I was amusing when Steve Jobs introduces the Intel/Apple ad and after it ended he said, "I am glad you like." I though that comment from him was a bit strange, I believe he was expecting the audience to throw rotten eggs at him or boo. ;) :D

mdavey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
maya said:
I was amusing when Steve Jobs introduces the Intel/Apple ad and after it ended he said, "I am glad you like." I though that comment from him was a bit strange, I believe he was expecting the audience to throw rotten eggs at him or boo. ;) :D

Or perhaps just a few polite laughs. I don't think he was expecting boos, but I do think he wasn't expecting it to be quite as warmly received as it was. I wonder if he had problems getting it past the board on account of it being too competition-bashing?

I particularly like the vioce-over guy saying "Dull". It almost sounds like he says Dell! Which company was it that ran the "Dull as Dell" adverts a few months (years?) back?

They could do some others:

* "...the dull roar of the fan in this dull PC. Wouldn't you prefer a Mac? [complete silence]".
* "..does your desktop computer run as hot as Hell [Picture of Dell with blurred-out logo]? Try the cool new energy-efficient Mac Pro"

;)

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
iGary said:
I'm also glad that Apple was allowed to design their own Intel logos.
Yes, and lo and behold, they did a better job than Intel. Who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I just about had a heart attact reading that tittle, glad to see theyre not participating in it.

iGary said:

Oh I agree, like the one in your Avatar, It looks much beter than Intel actual Core Duo logo.

PS: No Steve in the Avatar???

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Lancetx said:
I agree. Even if they did have the stickers, they could have easily been peeled off. :)

My thoughts exactly.

I am glad that Apple has decided not to mare the beauty of their computers with an intel sticker. But even if they would have, out would have come the soap and warm water. ;) :)

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
iGary said:
Intel has changed their logos and marketing scheme. Was announced about a week ago. That logo was not Apple's design, it was Intel's.

Intel's new slogan? "Leap ahead."

Source

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Don M. said:
Intel has changed their logos and marketing scheme. Was announced about a week ago. That logo was not Apple's design, it was Intel's.

Intel's new slogan? "Leap ahead."

Source
That's not Apple's Intel logo.
The original Intel logo featuring a lowered "e" will be replaced with one showing an oval swirl surrounding the company's name.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Lancetx said:
I agree. Even if they did have the stickers, they could have easily been peeled off. :)

YEAH right! I work with x86 notebooks everyday and the stickers don't come of easily at all. If it was 1 sticker yeah I might not care, but I see notebooks with advertising all over them, from Intel, to ATI, to the sound card. As we say in Australia NO F$CKING WAY!

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Don M. said:
Then what is?
indexintellogo20060109.png
mb_ib_chip_060110.gif

This (with variations) is the logo that Apple uses with the Intel processors.

icd_rgb_68.gif

This is Intel's new logo.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I don't think Apple designed that logo still, but it does look nice. It's possible though, as it shows some Apple-ish tendencies.

jW

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Wow, the difference in design quality from the PC and Mac versions of those stickers is phenomenal! I actually wouldn't mind that laser etched somewhere on my Mac. alright maybe stick it underneath but still! I love the new logo, i really do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.