It's Official Sick of Vista!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by *Sandy*, Aug 11, 2008.

1. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I am a mac person always was, but had some bad issues with my last Macbook and went to Vista for a short time, well now its been blue screening me to death, even if I do like some of the programs, I am now going back to a macbook as soon as it is released, I cant take it, it restarts itself when i am asleep almost 3 times a day and it a new laptop....

Give me my macbook back Please

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Welcome home. :)

3. Seibikitei macrumors member

Out of curiousity, what are you doing that make vista bluescreen? I dual boot with Ubuntu (due to the lack of itunes functionality in Linux) and really have yet for it to blow up on me. Granted it's a clean install with none of the usual crap that OEMs like to package with it but still, I've found it about as stable as you can ask for. And really, since SP1 I really have no complaints about it, as much as it pains me to say that about a microsoft product.

Something has to be causing the restarts, vista just doesn't up and do that because it feels like it.

4. James17 macrumors 6502

There must be some software or hardware issues on your vista installation then because it doesn't do that on my Vista computer.I've never had a blue-screen but that's probably because I am careful in everything I do on computers. I have to admit you can't beat the macbooks.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

My Dell Inspiron 1525 CrapTop reboots all the time while it is asleep (under vista) :(

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Ah its a choice between Apple's crap hardware, and Microsoft's crap software.

7. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

So you are sick of Vista because of a, more than likely, hardware issue with your laptop?

Personally i've always found it quite hard to crash XP or Vista on good stable hardware (like you get in a Mac). Maybe the problem isn't vista, but more the laptop you have?

8. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

You need some sort of hardware or software issue to screw up Vista or XP. Other than that they're rock solid, my XP hasn't BSOD in my entire 7 years of owning it. Programs to lock up on a routine basis but I can just end process them and then I'm usually fine.

(I have 256mb of RAM on my computer running XP Pro)

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Problem is that Vista isn't crap. The hardware that Dell (and etc) expects you to run it on is the crap.

10. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Yep, I agree with you. Even PC buyers who do spend the extra money and buy a premium level product, rarely ever come back with any issues. I bought a premium level Sony computer 7 years ago. It's in absolute pristine condition today, and still runs like new. :)

That said, Dell does make some good laptops and desktops.

11. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Its been doing it since day one and now more then ever...

I agree finding them can even be more PITA so just think I will wait and buy the new one.. love this white sony, but heck everytime i wake up its restarted itself.......need something more stable ........ Its been a good 10 years since i used a PC, and much has changed....so better to leave it alone :(

12. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

I've never had XP crash on me, I've had the odd program become unresponsive but then again safari loves doing that on Leopard as well!

All that said and done OS X is still better than XP and it's tarted up sister, Vista :D

13. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

14. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i've never had vista crash on me, or give me the blue screen of death. i love my macbook, but i also opted to put vista on it to run boot-camp. i mainly did this because i had stuff i needed to get off of my vista machine, so i could have it on my mac. . turns out it didn't work because my disk was CORRUPTED (sorry, i lost about 300 pictures, and photoshop, and a whole bunch of documents i'm sure i'll eventually need. . still a little ticked).

but i've had good experience with vista. sorry to hear you've had horrible experiences. :(

15. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks it was OK on another Vaio, but I did like a few things I could do, but feel like i cheated on Apple,... Even Named my New Mini Apple..

16. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Wow... Vista never gave me the bluescreen (in fact I've never seen it in all my years of using Microsoft OS's) even at the height of it being a pain in the ass. I wonder if it's something I'm not doing that others are doing...

17. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Its pretty stock, nothing added..... maybe i am one of the lucky ones..

18. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

19. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

Hugs back :)

I missed the forums never got into windows forum :)

20. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Seems like a hardware flaw to me. You should get it fixed and/or replaced under warranty.

I mean if you got a Macbook which was crashing all the time... would you blame OSX or the hardware?

21. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

This is not the first laptop to do that I have had 3!!!

22. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

3 and you haven't asked for a full refund? Hmmm... Why didn't you mention you had 3 before in any of your earlier messages?

23. *Sandy* thread starter macrumors 6502

I first had a acer, was great and gave a couple shutdowns in the week i had it traded for a lighter toshiba, that was bad out of the box another problem then shutdown, now the sony might have found the issue this morning....ran it said a lan driver was missing...installed and now waiting.....I get a deep discount... better to sell on ebay then return.

24. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

The lan driver missing is probably a symptom, not the problem. Probably caused by data corruption from the random shut downs.

I'd still return and get a replacement. Can't really sell a dud laptop can you... Unless you like ripping people off...