It's Official: Stephen Colbert has an unlocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kgarchar, Nov 1, 2007.

1. kgarchar macrumors 6502

On the show tonight, Stephen Colbert was using his iPhone, and mentioned he needed to go because the person wasn't on his "Fave Five" which we all know is only available from TMO...The other American GSM cell phone company.

:eek:

2. fart macrumors regular

bah, it's a show. Anything for a laugh.

3. MiGiGee macrumors newbie

4. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

From my understanding, Fave Five requires more than having T-Mobile and having a Fave Five plan. You also normally also have to use a compatible phone that supports the software. So I'm not sure even if you unlocked and signed up for a plan that you'd be able to use the iPhone for Fave Five.

And I agree with other posters...it's a show, he makes jokes and false statements all the time, so I wouldn't take this as an indication of much. If he shows his iPhone with extra icons and/or a T-Mobile carrier logo, then maybe you can make this assumption (or that they Photoshopped it...as they're prone to doing) :)

5. kgarchar thread starter macrumors 6502

why don't you overanalyze it some more

i was only kidding guys ;)

6. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

There's a reason that's my sn :p

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

8. calvy macrumors 65816

He also hit the home button to answer the call. That's not how you do it on my iPhone...or can you?

9. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Steven Colbert says anything and everything for a laugh.

10. vitasenza macrumors member

yeah, when the phone "rings" he picks it up and you can clearly see that there is no picture on the screen. If it was an actual call the screen would turn on and have the 'slide to answer' display on it. It was just a sketch of sorts. He has an iPhone and he wants to show it off, can you blame him ;)

11. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

Actually, you don't need a fave5 phone. Any phone will do, you just manage it from the website instead of your phone

12. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Ooh, that's good to know. The retail staff told us otherwise when we were looking into T-Mobile for service. I have AT&T now but my partner has T-Mobile and wanted to look into the fave five plan but didn't necessarily want to be limited to one of the compatible phones.

13. iMartini macrumors member

A couple weeks ago I saw Stephen Colbert live at the SoHo Apple Store, doing a reading from his book and an interview. I wonder if the iPhone was a gratuity from Apple for that gig.

14. cavenewt macrumors newbie

Stephen's been begging Apple for a free iPhone since at least early August. I figure either they finally just gave him one (knowing he would show it off) or he bought one. He should be able to afford it.

See here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IT1rvf4hHlw

15. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

It's a phone, he made a phone joke... people laugh... he gets paid... simple as that