Its official.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stieny, Dec 18, 2008.

1. stieny macrumors member

I just got my new Macbook Pro today. Its an awesome machine. Worlds better than my crappy Dell PC that was 4 years old.

I did have a question about it though. I unboxed it and everything was brand new. When I started it up and got it all set up I noticed that there were links already in the browser of safari. Are they just default links that apple loads onto new computers? (IE: apple.com, careerbuilder.com, amazon.com) I thought it was weird because i didn't expect to see any links seeing how the computer is brand new.

Thanks.

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They're default links. Much like Windows sticks their BS on their native browser.

5. mac.by.jake macrumors member

The funny thing about those bookmarks is I never use them but also never delete them. This has been true for every computer I've ever had. I keep thinking I'm going to us them.

6. rumourguy macrumors member

wow that must be a phenomenal upgrade for you!

7. stieny thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys.

Now if I could just learn how to use this Mac. I'm new to the whole Mac world. I have no idea what I'm doing.....

8. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Congrats!! I'm going to give you the same advice that I do for every noob. Although the Mac OS came first and MS built their OS off the Mac OS design, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. You will love using your Mac if you don't try to see it as Windows, because it's not.
    Every new switcher expects the Mac OS to run like Windows and they end up coming here with senseless complaints because they didn't do their homework first.

Sony's plasma TV doesn't have the same functions as the Samsung plasma, both require a learning curve and so does the Mac when coming from Windows.
    The Mac OS has a lot more useable features than Windows and if you ever switched back you would greatly miss them and expect Windows to run like a Mac, it won't and the Mac won't run like Windows.
    The only thing they share is mostly the same software.