It's officially a week....

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Mr Skills, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Have any of the affected people got their email back yet? Still nothing here.

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

3. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I can't believe it's been a week since the mail servers imploded. I am getting the feeling that the fabled "1%" are going to get a horrible email stating everything has been lost. Hope this doesn't happen.

I am not in that group, but the lack of communication from Apple is disturbing to say the least. The handling of this whole MobileMe affair has been a major letdown.

4. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'm a 1%er and it's been a week for me. Mail worked at launch and then last email I received was last Thursday.

So now, the question is Apple, at what point do you throw in the towel, replace the stinkin' sever and just tell us that we're hosed but at least you have email again. What I'm really not liking is the lack of updates. That support doc was last updated (3) days ago. I mean, at least keep it updated...even if you have nothing new to update. Then at least I feel like you're working on the problem!

5. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

I'm not one of the 2% that hasn't been able to send or receive any email since MobileMe's inception, but hearing from others and in my own self-tests I have missed several that were not bounced back or received, as well as encountering extended periods of downtime. I also haven't received either of the "apology emails" extending my service. I wonder if that was one of the emails sent to me that I didn't receive or if I should just not expect one.

6. aosman macrumors 6502

Personally, I don't think an extra month of a crippled MobileMe system is enough for people current subscribers. Apple needs to get its act together on this one...

7. Mr Skills thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

An extra month was what they gave when things were 'a bit rocky'. A week with no email at all is beyond rocky, it's a disaster. I will be really annoyed if they try and fob us off with a free month (especially since it will be useless to those who understandably decide to leave).

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Time flies when you are having fun! ;)

My guess, is that Apple will add something for those who stayed with them through this very rocky period.

See above.

9. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

yeah it's been a week for me and nothing. It's a good way to lose customers. Same thing happened to me with yahoo email. I couldn't access it for a week so shifted everything over to gmail and never looked back. I've had .mac services for a couple of years now and this is a real black eye.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Apple definitely needs to be sensitive to those who have been experiencing problems.

11. rickeym macrumors member

Yep, just get a new server off the shelf, plug in the power cord and Internet cable and start fresh. Work on data recovery later. :rolleyes:

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Of course

No email here and none for others at work or friends with MobileMe