It's PINK :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by profmatt, Dec 31, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I loved how the gold rMB looked, so I ordered one and it arrived yesterday.

However, it changes colour quite dramatically depending on the lighting in the room. A lot of the time it looks pink.

I'm trying to decide if I'm sufficiently traumatised to send it back and change it for a boring old space grey one.

[​IMG]

2. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Colour is a personal thing... but yes, it looks pink to me in most lights too.
    I'd be getting space grey one.

3. thesimplelogic macrumors regular

I've seen space grey models that look silver in certain lighting, and I don't think your rMB looks that pink!:)

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

5. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

It never seems to look like the colour in Apple's renders on their website. But it also does seem to change colour a lot. Right now, it's fairly orangey, with the trackpad a darker shade. In daylight it seems to go quite pink, with the trackpad a very clashing grey.

But space grey is so dull. And sending it back for an exchange would be such a hassle. Plus it took me hours to set it up.

Ugh.

6. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Get what suits you. I agree, the gold rMB is something of a chamaeleon depending on the light.

7. lyngo macrumors 6502

You have a limited edition rose gold retina Macbook.

8. wayne905 macrumors member

wayne905

I thought the same thing when I saw it in store....I thought at one angle it looked gold, but most of the other angles it looked like rose gold. I love the look of the Space Grey....just holding out till version 2 comes out *hurry up already Apple* :)

9. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

Sell it on eBay for twice the price as Special Limited Edition! :D

10. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

Same with my gold iPad, the color isn't always pure gold. Wouldn't call it pink, more like a copper color. I like it, it's different and looks stunning to me. Space Grey on my iPhone looks cool, but it's not eye catching or anything (something I choose for on purpose for my phone btw).

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well, you paid a lot of money, so if you're not happy with it, then exchange it for one that better fits your tastes