It's Snowing in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by TheHumphries, Dec 22, 2009.

1. TheHumphries macrumors member

Not sure if this is the right forum for this. Its a toss up between here and networking but HERE WE GO.

I live in Wisconsin where, surprise, we get lots of snow. The city's snow plow made a giant hill where we pull out of our condo and I got stuck this morning.

I had to pull my wife's vehicle out of the snow. I couldn't find a rope, HOWEVER I did find my 100ft Cat6 cable.

The car is now unstuck!

Attached Files:

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

So, based on the title of this thread, did you see an evil clown in the snow?

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Ummm...sorry? Do you have a question to provoke a meaninful conversation, or are you just using MacRumors like Twitter?

4. TheHumphries thread starter macrumors member

So, that was a premature enter button hitting :)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is the community subforum?
    Nice use of LAN cable btw :D. A few years back we used some Cat6 cable to bind together a gate that was falling apart. Damn things tough.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Sorry, I only got the first part about the getting stuck this AM. After I posted I saw the additional info about the CAT6. I'll now give you a point for relevance.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Silly mid-westerners. Here in the NE, we use wireless to tow our women's cars. :D

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Lol, I think you should look into getting a recovery strap...

I guess that's not horribly dangerous, because if the ethernet cable breaks it's not going to really damage anything. You would never want to hook up a real recovery strap to your hitch ball like that though. They are not meant to take a force like that. Instead, use a hitch insert with hook or D-ring, or simply loop the strap around your hitch pin.

If you get a tow/recovery strap, get one without metal hooks. The loop kind are much safer if something falls off or snaps...no flying metal hooks.