It's the little things that are bugging me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iapplelove, Sep 9, 2012.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Well it's been close to two weeks with my new machine cMBP and really I have not been off the thing,really been giving it a workout and its great but some really small odd behavior quirks I have noticed.

Believe me first I'm not even a picky person and hardly complain ever but can someone first please explain that every time after I adjust a setting in system preferences and click the litte lock to lock in my settings that the next time I go back the lock is unlocked again by itself:confused:

Only reason I even noticed is because she's still pretty new and I am still adjusting settings to get things just right and for some reason It just won't lock.

Also on the mail app the only time it shows a notification number is when mail is open. As soon as I quit mail the notification goes away even if I have not read every new email.

I'm sure some of the other small issues like my battery never ever reading 100% on full charge plugged in is just me getting use to the new machine and it's personality .

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Which setting is it? And what version of OS X are you running?
    It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

Helpful Information for Any Mac User
    Portables Fast Start: The New User's Guide to Apple Notebooks

3. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Sorry running mountain lion and it's pretty much every setting that allows to be locked but mainly security and energy saver. And I only wanted to lock it so I wouldn't change something by accident if I was messing around one day

4. Snowshiro macrumors 6502

I've had the locking problem in Lion 10.7.4 on a Mac Pro. Dunno why it happens. It's not a killer issue, but yeah it niggles a bit.

5. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Thanks for the response and yeah it's really minor to say the least I just thought I was losing my mind

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Wtf is "niggles" lol. Sounds, very, uhhh early 1900s.

7. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Ha I just assumed it meant somethig a bit annoying

8. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Sounds like a word they used in the 1900s of toddlers of a certain creed. Just sayin. No offense to anyone.

I refer annoying problems to niglets or naggers. Just saying lol. I hate when people nag. Jk lol.

9. lpeedin macrumors regular

niggles3rd person singular present, plural of nig·gle
    Verb:
    Cause slight but persistent annoyance, discomfort, or anxiety: "a nasty leg wound which still niggled at him".
    Noun:
    A trifling complaint, dispute, or criticism: "it is an excellent book except for my few niggles"; "I have a few niggles about design".
    More info »Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary

10. byziphone4 macrumors member

It is because you are quitting the mail app completely... That is you are not just closing the screen and letting it run in the background...but rather you are choosing quit.

11. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Thanks and yeah kind of assumed how that worked just thought it was a little more like iOS and that the number of new email count stayed in the notification till its read.

And haha yes the damn key lock thing niggles the crap out of me!

Any fixes?

12. Snowshiro, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

Snowshiro macrumors 6502

I'm British (and perhaps a little old fashioned), so you'd probably be about right. I thought it was a commonly understood word.

nig·gle/ˈnigəl/
    Verb:
    Cause slight but persistent annoyance, discomfort, or anxiety: "a nasty leg wound which still niggled at him".
    Noun:
    A trifling complaint, dispute, or criticism: "it is an excellent book except for my few niggles"; "I have a few niggles about design".

Edit: Sorry, just noticed someone else already defined it above.