It's the little things that count....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blodwyn, Dec 14, 2007.

1. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I visited a friend the other day to shoot some pictures for their Christmas family bulletin. He proudly showed me his new Vista system with all it's shinyness. I shot about 40 pictures with my Nikon DSLR, about 80% in portrait mode, and he loaded the shots from the card onto his Vista system and I loaded them onto my MacBook Pro.

He opened up his slide show viewer to view the pictures, and it dutifully cycled through the shots very smoothly, except that all the portrait shots were displayed sideways, so you had to crank your head to one side to see them properly.

I opened up a Finder window and did a Quicklook full screen slideshow and, of course, all the shots were displayed correctly oriented. His wife's reaction was something like "Ooo, that's better", and his reaction was "How did you do that"? to which I replied "I didn't do anything, it's a Mac".

Priceless.

Edit: Sorry, mis-posted, should have been in the Mac OS X section, not troubleshooting

2. SthrnCmfrtr macrumors 6502

Niiiiiiice :cool:

I once heard something along the lines of "You can spend an hour with a Harley-Davidson just looking at all the details that none of their competitors have."