It's there a tweak for this?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kdesign7, Jan 8, 2012.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Alrite so this is just a random idea, and I'm wondering if there are any tweaks to make this happen...

I have an ipad2 and an iPhone 4, lots of people own both. I'm curious if there is a way to 'bridge' them in a certain way.

The iPad and iPhone are connected to the same network, (would be nice if Bluetooth could do it). In the iPad, you can select a launching method that would bring up the full home screen of the iPhone, into display. You know how iPhone apps work with the iPad, how they have that 2x zoom button, something like that... (retinapad tweak would be am added touch).

This way, if your on your iPad, and you hear your iPhone ding, while its somewhere else, (say a wall charger), then you could have full control over your iPhone.

I do this on my iMac. While my iPhone is charging, I use veency, and a vnc viewer to display my iPhone for me, voila. Works great (not that fastest refresh rate, but it doesn't bother me). I figured it should be nice to have something like this on the iPad.

Ok, I've rambled on and on and i think I got my point across... :)

2. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

No. Now get to work on it.:D

3. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh believe me, if I could, I would but I have no idea where to start. The best I could do is a photoshopped screen capture of my idea, that's about it lol

4. dcrumbaugh macrumors member

Why not use a VNC client on your iPad? I think there are several such on the App Store.

5. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Holy crap - For some weird reason, I just thought this wouldn't work - but I got VNC Viewer (errr.. $10 bucks tho).. but.. it works!

Curious.. is there a way to make this work, if there wasnt a shared wifi network? I wonder if there is a tweak that will let it work, if I use my PErsonal HotSpot as the wifi network then it could work? or even over bluetooth! :)

Either way - this is a wonderful start.. Thx for the tip!

6. dcrumbaugh macrumors member

No prob...

As regards to your other issue... Your iPhone would have to be on a network where you can configure your router to forward the VNC listening port to your iPhone's wifi IP address. In other words, if your iPhone were at home and you were in Starbucks with your iPad, you could VNC into your iPhone by directing the VNC viewer to your home network's external IP address (or use a dynamic DNS service).

I can't see why it wouldn't work in Personal Hotspot mode; you would just have to direct your VNC viewer to the iPhone's wifi address. Not having ever used Personal Hotspot, I am of course assuming your iPhone gets a wifi IP address when it's the Personal Hotspot err, hotspot...

7. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

HOLY CRAP! I have no idea why I didnt even fathum the idea of trying this earlier... while having the iPhone in HotSpot, and the iPad connected to that network - it works GREAT! actually, the refresh rate is faster this way then when the phone and ipad are connected to a shared wifi network

hot.. DAMN!