It's Time to Announce the Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmbarclay, Jun 15, 2010.

1. cmbarclay macrumors member

2. Mac512-1987 macrumors newbie

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Because Verizon would be perfect and wouldn't have any problems with thousands of people trying to order at once :rolleyes:

4. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I'm pretty sure Verizon would be having the same problems. Everyone acts like Verizon is a god or something!

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you do realize that when that happens, no one will be able to order through the Apple's website because it adds about double the people trying?

6. dl13 macrumors newbie

They should have announced the Verizon iPhone at WWDC so we wouldn't be in this predicament. All the Verizon loyalists and people fed up with AT&T would have gone to them and the servers wouldn't be as swamped.

7. cmbarclay thread starter macrumors member

They are :p

8. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

So here it is. Steve says after the launch on the 24th. "And remember the white iPhone we told you all about, starting today it will be available....as a Verizon exclusive color." :D

9. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Head on over to Verizon and get a Droid then. :cool:

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Honestly, this is the one reason why I hope Verizon does get the iPhone. I am sick to death hearing how perfect Verizon will be, and can't wait to hear all of the complaints when it turns out they aren't.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

hopefully under you for posting this

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have a match.

13. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

My Verizon coverage is ***** in Michigan (at least compared to my AT&T). All it would do is shut up the overly vocal crowds that live in SF and NYC.

14. nasr91 macrumors newbie

Wait!!! what are you saying.....? I Iphone IS coming to vzw?? After the wwdc i was going cancel with vzw and go to at&t by the At&t guy was very honest,.......he told i would have absolulty NO service. So I cant go to them. Now just for the record I am not a groupie of any service but I do need reliability in service. And I really love the iphone.

Thanks

15. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

Ugh, Verizon sucks. My wife's coverage is horrible....

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No, nobody is saying that. For now, the best source we have is a VP of Verizon stating that the iPhone is not coming anytime in the near future.

17. nasr91 macrumors newbie

Wait.........! what are you saying?! that Iphone is coming to vzw? After the wwdc I went to cancle to contract with them and go to at&t but the At&t guy was very honest and told me I would not have any service at all in my area. so that will not work. I am not a fan of any one service but i need relible service. And would really love to have the iphone!
    Thanks

18. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

There will not be a Verizon iPhone until 2012...Apple will announce that they are working on it next summer and release it in 2012...don't get your hopes up waiting... you have 2 years

19. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

voldemort is dead

20. nasr91 macrumors newbie

21. cmbarclay thread starter macrumors member

Your funny :rolleyes:

22. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

I wonder if the competition will make new commercials based on these issues

• Steve's "Turn off your Wi-Fi!!" fit
    • Pre-Order issues
    Imagine...

Limited colors? The new DROID comes in 5 immediately available colors.

Can't make face-to-face calls on AT&T's 3G? You can on Verizon's super fast network.

That said, I still love the iPhone and would choose it any day over copycat models.

23. gordian macrumors member

Most of you have a point: Verizon might not be any better.

But then again, Verizon had all this time to learn from AT&T's mistakes. Remember: Apple wasn't the first to enable mobile multi-tasking, they sat back while others tried and learned from the pitfalls and challenges and were able to execute it more efficiently (allegedly). If Verizon knows what's good for them they'll have taken this similar approach. If they haven't, their strategists are even poorer than AT&T's because, going back to my original point, they had all the time in the world to implement a more efficient system.

24. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The only fire that will be lit, Will be the candle you light in your window "Wishin and hoping". That the iPhone comes to verizon soon. I Personally hope it does so this way people can see that the grass isn't greener or in this case "Red" on the other side.

But in the meantime have fun with your Droid X that's coming out. A phone that is so big you have to hold it with 2 hands. "Droid Does not a damn thing"