It's time to buy my first iMac...wait a second...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by machk, Aug 18, 2010.

1. machk macrumors newbie

Bros, I waited the update of the iMac line for half a year and I suppose to spend the money already, what I'm waiting is the news of the iLife '11 will be released very soon.
    So I'm in a delimma whether I should wait but my deadline is the end of the BTS program. I would be really happy if you guys could give me a piece of advice what I should do...thousand thanks !!

2. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

BTS saves you more money than going the standard HE programm with an included iLife 11. So I would buy the last day BTS is available and buy iLife 11 if you want it. Maybe the changes are not that important for you. Nobody knows for sure whats coming.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Get the iMac. There is no actual release announcement for ilife 11 so it is possible that it won't happen for a while. Plus if you are a student why not grab the free ipod touch. Sure it won't be the latest and greatest one since it is very possible that new ones will be released like 3 weeks after BTS ends and you can't return it etc. But you can always hit ebay with it. Especially if it is unopened. Use that money to help buy a new one.

If you can wait until closer to the end of BTS go for it. The rumors keep saying August is the alleged release so perhaps you'll hit lucky. but don't wait until the very very end in case they are out of what you want and you need time to order it etc.