Its time to buy!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by killerboots, Nov 21, 2009.

1. killerboots macrumors newbie

Im finally buying my first Mac!!!! I plan on getting the macbook but I just need a little more information on what additional things toget on it.
    The three things I wasnt sure about were iWork, Microsoft Office, and the Apple protection plan. Should I get them?
    Im a college student, so I need my Mac for documents, photos, music, photoshop, etc. Any last words before I put my credit card in?

2. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I prefer MS Office over iWork, but maybe you should try Open Office first. It's free and might be all you need. I've never bought Apple care for any of my computers but I think you can buy it anytime within the first year. Not sure though.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

Definitely get apple care if not right away then in a few months just don't forget and I use iwork, its all I've ever used on Mac (I used MS on PC) and haven't looked back.
    Hope this helps :)

5. sliceofman macrumors newbie

protection plan is a must, not something u have to buy right away since it comes with a year warranty, but its something u dont exactly want to put off and then forget. Now i dont know how much they've changed but sadly the warranty prices for laptops are kinda on the pricy side so if money is no object buy it when u get it, if it is… buy it when u can.

As for office or iwork personally i love iwork…*u can do everything to my knowledge with it as u can with word and what not. You can save files in both pages/ keynote format or in word/ppt so its a multi-versatile product, plus…*its cheep compared to Office. But it really comes down to if u know office and are comfortable with it than buy it. But before u do the computer comes with free trials of both office and iwork for 30 day so give them both a shot and see what u think after that